There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

GREAT company, but pay is lacking

Former Employee - Station Supervisor
Former Employee - Station Supervisor

I worked at SkyWest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome work environment with outstanding leadership, excellent training program with competent instructors, good benefits/retirement package, better flight benefits than most competitors

Cons

Low pay, less than desirable work schedule (split shifts are common), part-time employees may only get 12-15 hrs per week

Bump up the pay! Even as a station supervisor, I could not make enough to support my family. Otherwise, would LOVE to still be employed with you!

104 Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest (View Most Recent)

Great, if it kept

I worked at SkyWest for more than 5 years

Pros

The community is probably the best thing about the company. In the beginning, we weren't very unified. But after the bad apples left, we were a close family. It really is an interesting industry, and with that comes drama, but also closeness.

Cons

I was with the company for several years, and as time wore on the company demanded more with less pay (more responsibility, split shifts, mandatory shifts, less flight benefits at more expense, etc). The company also preaches no unions. It's the first thing you hear about at training and is at the top of the sidebar when you login to the employee site. Over time, it became apparent that their bottom line was no longer "family", but profits.

Take the advice from Southwest - put your employees first. Happy employees = happy customers = profits.

Great Company, family oriented

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

I have been working at SkyWest

Pros

Flexible work schedule.. after training there is the ability to trade shifts with other people to allow for time off or to pick up more hours as needed.

Working at SkyWest is like working with family. Co-workers are mostly supportive of each other.

Cons

The pay is lower than some in the sam industry.
    Not always possible to get a good schedule and because of the industry it is often necessary to work past scheduled departure time.

Management needs to be more aware of how hard some employees are working all the time and reward them. The larger hubs often do not have the same opportunity for company events as the smaller stations so Management needs to find a way to reward the employees in those locations differently.

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

Worked for SkyWest? Contribute to the Community!