SkyWest
www.skywest.com Saint George, UT 5000+ Employees

SkyWest is place where employees can be close to the action.

I have been working at SkyWest

ProsIf you like to fly, then this is a great place to work. As a SkyWest employee you get travel benefits on a space available basis on a variety of partner airlines. I have been to several places on weekend trips that I never would have gone to otherwise. Also, if you like feeling like you are close to the "big hitters" of the company, the overhead and management teams are small compared to the size of the company, so you get to interact with upper management pretty regularly. They have a decent benefits package and the travel industry is always changing somehow. Makes for some interesting work days.

ConsBecause the management team is pretty small, promotions and advancement is irregular at best. There isn't really a career path or standard progression like you would see at bigger companies. It usually takes someone else leaving or being promoted to open up oppoutunites for advancement, and the upper managment team has been in place for quite a while, some people as much as 10 years in the same position. Also, because our industry is so visible to the public, everyone you meet has an opinion on why Airlines are aweful, but the flip side is you have a connection to almost everyone you meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the industry around us is changing, we need to lead and embrace changes internally/

I have been with SkyWest for a little over seven years, and so far it's been the best life changing decision I have made

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at SkyWest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This company is run by really smart people, who seem to be very aware of what's going on the industry. They really have… Cons: The con not only about working at SkyWest, but working in this industry in general, is not having a real schedule. You are on reserve… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One year working the Ramp.

Ramp Agent (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at SkyWest full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flight benefits are really nice and extended beyond just one carrier. If you find a good group of people to work with, it… Cons: Management is a joke here. Supervisors pick favorites and those favorites get the best placement for their shift. Many of the supervisors/managers are… Advice to Senior Management: Put people in supervisor roles who are actually capable of doing a their supervisor job. Execs need to consider taking a serious pay cut… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SkyWest.

Worked for SkyWest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SkyWest reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SkyWest CEO Jerry C. Atkin. All reviews posted anonymously by SkyWest employees.