SkyWest

www.skywest.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

This company still beleives in slavery

I worked at SkyWest full-time

Pros

Flight benefits are decent. If you are willing to spend your vacation on standby

Cons

everything is wrong about this company

stop hiring incompetent people.

130 Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest (View Most Recent)

GREAT company, but pay is lacking

Former Employee - Station Supervisor
    Former Employee - Station Supervisor

I worked at SkyWest full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment with outstanding leadership, excellent training program with competent instructors, good benefits/retirement package, better flight benefits than most competitors

Cons

Low pay, less than desirable work schedule (split shifts are common), part-time employees may only get 12-15 hrs per week

Bump up the pay! Even as a station supervisor, I could not make enough to support my family. Otherwise, would LOVE to still be employed with you!

Great, if it kept

I worked at SkyWest (more than 5 years)

Pros

The community is probably the best thing about the company. In the beginning, we weren't very unified. But after the bad apples left, we were a close family. It really is an interesting industry, and with that comes drama, but also closeness.

Cons

I was with the company for several years, and as time wore on the company demanded more with less pay (more responsibility, split shifts, mandatory shifts, less flight benefits at more expense, etc). The company also preaches no unions. It's the first thing you hear about at training and is at the top of the sidebar when you login to the employee site. Over time, it became apparent that their bottom line was no longer "family", but profits.

Take the advice from Southwest - put your employees first. Happy employees = happy customers = profits.

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest