SkyWest

www.skywest.com
There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

If you like being set up to fail, this place is for you.

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at SkyWest full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Schedule flexibility is possible, but that's because of Federal law. Management will help you, so be prepared to make it work on your own.

Cons

All sticks, no carrots. If you like giving your best to barely make things work the way they should, you'll do well here until you burn out. Don't expect much help though. There are probably twenty people in the entire station that make the entire operation run, and management might be one or two of them.

123 Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest (View Most Recent)

good people- poor job security

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SkyWest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flight benefits. flexible benefits. good people.

Cons

declining industry for regional carriers. Lack of diversity at upper levels.

improve communication with employees.

SkyWest Airlines needs a lot of work

Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Cross-Utilized Agent in Fargo, ND

I worked at SkyWest full-time (less than an year)

Pros

SkyWest is a good company to work for. Especially for newcomers who have never worked in the airline industry before. A lot of employees work for a small regional carrier like this one, before they move on to bigger and better things with one of the large name-brand carriers.

Cons

Although SkyWest is a non-union company, you would swear they were unionized, because seniority is all-important in local operations. The more senior team members get more favorable schedules, the newbies get whatever is left. The starting wage leaves much to be desired, but full time employees do have access to a standard set of benefits ... medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.

You really need to work on your people skills. The reason I left your employ was because you would not work with me when I brought to your attention that I needed scheduling consideration for Sundays, because Sunday is my day of worship. You didn't care, even though I asserted my rights under federal law which require an employer to make a reasonable accommodation to an employee.

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest