SkyWest
www.skywest.com Saint George, UT 5000+ Employees

Losing their way

Pilot (Former Employee)

I worked at SkyWest full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOne of the better regionals but things are on the decline in this competitive enviroment. Decent pay and choice of domiciles. One of the more stable airlines. Never have furloughed.

ConsReserve pilots are used and abused. As regional airline subject to schedules and whipsawing by majors.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are a valuable asset. Do not alienate strictly for bottom line. Obviously profits are important but don't do long term damage for slight gain to bottom line. Make sure you add the human touch with your accounting.

This company still beleives in slavery

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SkyWest full-time

Pros: Flight benefits are decent. If you are willing to spend… Cons: everything is wrong about this company Advice to Senior Management: stop hiring incompetent people. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great, if it kept

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SkyWest for more than 5 years

Pros: The community is probably the best thing about the company. In the beginning, we weren't very unified. But after the bad… Cons: I was with the company for several years, and as time wore on the company demanded more with less pay (more responsibility, split shifts, mandatory… Advice to Senior Management: Take the advice from Southwest - put your employees first.… More

There are newer reviews on SkyWest.

Worked for SkyWest? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SkyWest reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SkyWest CEO Jerry C. Atkin. All reviews posted anonymously by SkyWest employees.