SkyWest

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

Losing their way

Former Employee - Pilot
Former Employee - Pilot

I worked at SkyWest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One of the better regionals but things are on the decline in this competitive enviroment. Decent pay and choice of domiciles. One of the more stable airlines. Never have furloughed.

Cons

Reserve pilots are used and abused. As regional airline subject to schedules and whipsawing by majors.

Employees are a valuable asset. Do not alienate strictly for bottom line. Obviously profits are important but don't do long term damage for slight gain to bottom line. Make sure you add the human touch with your accounting.

115 Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest (View Most Recent)

This company still beleives in slavery

I worked at SkyWest full-time

Pros

Flight benefits are decent. If you are willing to spend your vacation on standby

Cons

everything is wrong about this company

stop hiring incompetent people.

Great, if it kept

I worked at SkyWest (more than 5 years)

Pros

The community is probably the best thing about the company. In the beginning, we weren't very unified. But after the bad apples left, we were a close family. It really is an interesting industry, and with that comes drama, but also closeness.

Cons

I was with the company for several years, and as time wore on the company demanded more with less pay (more responsibility, split shifts, mandatory shifts, less flight benefits at more expense, etc). The company also preaches no unions. It's the first thing you hear about at training and is at the top of the sidebar when you login to the employee site. Over time, it became apparent that their bottom line was no longer "family", but profits.

Take the advice from Southwest - put your employees first. Happy employees = happy customers = profits.

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest