SkyWest

www.skywest.com

One of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had, although it had some major drawbacks

Ramp Agent (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI enjoyed the challenges faced and the things I learned while I worked there. It will always be a memorable experience. It's hard to argue with flight benefits!

ConsIf it weren't for being furloughed, I would have left soon anyway. After my supervisor tried to write me up for not clocking out before leaving (with a workplace injury) and getting every night, weekend, and holiday shift there was, I was done dealing with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPicking shifts by seniority was a terrible technique for motivating newer employees to stay. It would have taken at least a few years to have high enough seniority that I actually could have gotten a shift that was worth keeping. Every night, weekend, and holiday gets old really fast.

Corporate Trainer

Corporate Trainer & Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SkyWest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The culture at SkyWest is top notch, you won't find better people than at Skywest. Very down to earth &… Cons: The cons about the airline industry have nothing to do with SkyWest- but just the nature of the business... It's all about seniority when it… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up morale of your employees with encouragement, recognition & support the individual. It's easy to feel like just another employee -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good company to work for but not with downsides

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SkyWest full-time for more than a year

Pros: flight benefits, shift trading, people you work with Cons: cost cutting makes the work environment really unsafe, pay cuts,… Advice to Senior Management: in hiring station leaders please have some better qualifications, experience… More
There are newer reviews on SkyWest.

Worked for SkyWest? Contribute to the Community!