There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

One of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had, although it had some major drawbacks

Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Ramp Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SkyWest full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the challenges faced and the things I learned while I worked there. It will always be a memorable experience. It's hard to argue with flight benefits!

Cons

If it weren't for being furloughed, I would have left soon anyway. After my supervisor tried to write me up for not clocking out before leaving (with a workplace injury) and getting every night, weekend, and holiday shift there was, I was done dealing with management.

Picking shifts by seniority was a terrible technique for motivating newer employees to stay. It would have taken at least a few years to have high enough seniority that I actually could have gotten a shift that was worth keeping. Every night, weekend, and holiday gets old really fast.

reviews filtered by

good company to work for but not with downsides

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SkyWest full-time (more than a year)

Pros

flight benefits, shift trading, people you work with

Cons

cost cutting makes the work environment really unsafe, pay cuts, station management is in chaos

in hiring station leaders please have some better qualifications, experience is not enough for them to be put on those positions

2. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Saint George, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Saint George, UT

I have been working at SkyWest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

culture focused on employees, consistently successful financial results compared to industry norms, flexible work environment

Cons

margins are slim and pay is low, health benefits are very expensive for such a large company

at some point, wage/salary can no longer be overcome by other benefits/perks/consideration

There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest