There are newer employer reviews for SkyWest

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO

I worked at SkyWest

Pros

Flight Benefits, Health Benefits, Employee Group, the way company treats it's employees, ability to move up in seniority fast.

Cons

Lots of legs per day...sometimes up to 8 legs a day on the Brasilia.

I heard they recently changed the health benefits, but they were great to begin with.

110 Other Employee Reviews for SkyWest (View Most Recent)

Good luck moving up with SkyWest....

Former Employee - Mx Tech in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Mx Tech in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SkyWest

Pros

The ability to travel was a great benefit until major partners began putting their feet down in 2007 to 2008. The health and 401K benefits with SkyWest are very good.

Cons

Non-rev travel needs to be clarified. NEVER plan on getting anywhere you need to go for free. Travel benefits are for WHIM travel only. You look at flights that day and see if anything is open and go IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY. While the flights are free--hotels, cars, and food are not and you will not get rich working at SkyWest. Airlines think they can pay poorly, especially regionals like SkyWest, because you can fly "FREE"...nothing is ever free.

Too much lip service to front line employees. Benefits are cut and restructured while many in SGU are doing just fine with stock options and Mini Indy parties. Please HELP employees better themselves. ANY help with college tuition would make a world of difference to many. Like management has said about entry level jobs, "this position was never meant to be a career."

Very great company would recommend my family!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SkyWest

Pros

They are a very strong non union company. They have been around for 30+ years and are great to employees. We receive bonuses but its based on how many hours you work.

Cons

First year is the hardest for everyone but it is with any job in this field. Right now we are highly staffed and Reserve isnt working much

n/a