There are newer employer reviews for Skype

Sales Executive

I worked at Skype

Pros

Great sales managers and fellow employees, very open to new ideas. As long as you are doing your job they will not micromanage you. It is a great place to work.

Cons

Compensation is the only downside to working there..

51 Other Employee Reviews for Skype (View Most Recent)

Fun and friendly place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Skype full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free lunch and fully stocked fridge and snacks.
    The health benefits are great!
    Office decor is modern and comfortable.

Cons

Long commute from San Francsico.

Has potential, but lacks polish and respect for workers

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Skype

Pros

Skype has a nice, new office that is a very comfortable place to work. Snacks and drinks are provided twice a week and have now generally reached the point where they will last through the week. There are recreational activities, such as pool, ping pong, foosball, and basketball. Management attempts to be transparent about the direction of the company.

Cons

Skype has an ingrained culture of distrust between teams and the lack of desire to share knowledge. Projects tend to get over-engineered; that is, they become more complicated than they need to be. It also has the culture of a work-first environment, so if you're looking for a good work-life balance, this is not the place for you. The transparency management shares doesn't seem to line up with what the feeling and rumors are saying.

Many of the bonuses and gifts are based on a work-to-be-served basis, rather than a work-served basis. Give employees the credit that they deserve when they have worked their tails off to take the company to the next level. Transparency is good, but be honest. Most employees are uncertain about the merger and how it will benefit them. While you reassure us that it will be good, tell us what we get in return. Otherwise, we all think that it's all about Management getting rich.

There are newer employer reviews for Skype