Skyrocket Ventures

www.skyrocketventures.com

Great place to work with the best startups in Silicon Valley

Recruiter (Former Employee) Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorking at Skyrocket Ventures is an amazing opportunity for anybody looking to get into the recruiting industry. They only work with leaders at top tier technology companies and startups. I personally worked with C-level executives at dozens of companies as well as VP's and managers to help develop strategies that would attract them the best engineers in a highly competitive market. The founder of Skyrocket Ventures has many years of experience at other top recruiting firms and knows the industry better than most. You receive training from management on all aspects of the business but the majority of learning will come from experience. Immediately upon starting you are already talking with top engineers at companies like Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, etc. Skyrocket Ventures already has a large pool of amazing engineers that are passively seeking a better opportunity and not working with any other recruiting firm. Many startups, even ones with a "no external recruiters policy", work with Skyrocket Ventures exclusively because they prove time and time again that they're the best at what they do.

It takes being a self-starter and hard work to get good at this job if you're new to the industry, but it's very rewarding and you can make a lot of money. I was able to close a deal in my first month, but it takes going the extra mile to do that. After the first deal, the amount of opportunities to close more keeps growing exponentially. You can easily make well into six figures your first year if you are smart, dedicated, and driven. Skyrocket Ventures was an incredible learning experience and I'm insanely grateful for the time I spent there.

ConsWhile there is a base salary to get you going when you're first starting out, you only start to make real money when you're closing deals and it's entirely up to you to be able to do that. If you aren't making a lot of money it means you're not good at your job and you'll probably be let go. Unfortunately, some people will blame the management for this because they don't want to believe they weren't cut out for it. This job isn't for everybody. You'll receive the training you need, but some skills can't be taught and some people just aren't cut out for this. While it's a boiler room environment, you are part of a team and they are there to help you out.

This isn't the standard 9-5 job. While you're free to leave after regular hours, you're not likely to succeed in the business that way. If you want to excel at this job and make great money, it takes going above and beyond. That means staying late and working every now and then on the weekend. No matter how good you are, sometimes deals can fall through and it's completely out of your control. Some employees take it personally and let it get to them, but you can't let it drag down your attitude.

Stay away from this place if you have any self-respect and dignity!!!

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Skyrocket Ventures

Pros: If you are desperate to get into recruiting you may try this place for few… Cons: A boiler room environment, very cut throat. You will not receive any recognition for doing a good job. There is no opportunity for growth and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Seriously: You get what you make of it

(Current Employee)

I have been working at Skyrocket Ventures

Pros: The network this small company has been able to develop is very surprising. For proprietary reasons, there's little we're allowed to say about our clients… Cons: Recruiting is a rough, tough, and sometimes dirty business. By nature the industry is a grinder and there will be high stress & high fallout.… More
There are newer reviews on Skyrocket Ventures.

Worked for Skyrocket Ventures? Contribute to the Community!