Slalom Consulting
www.slalom.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Enabling People to Utilize Their Full Potential

San Francisco, CA

ProsI spent a long time with Accenture before joining Slalom Consulting. Coming from a Big 4 firm, I wanted to get away from the things that had begun to wear on me over time: overwhelming bureaucracy and controls, little to no input on my own staffing, political maneuvering, and increasingly less interesting work. I was looking for a place where I could move at my own pace, have the opportunity to do the kind of work I wanted to do (as opposed to what the firm wanted me to do), return to a more merit-based rewards system, have more of a say in my client engagements, have the ability to impact part of the business, and be able to work in a truly consultative model.

Slalom Consulting has provided all of this and more. Leadership encourages people to find their strengths, take risks and go after opportunities that you would not be able to pursue in larger, more controlled firms. I think that Slalom Consulting is a best-fit for consulting professionals who have figured out what they really want out of a job AND what they want out of a personal life. I have found that it is possible to enjoy both in equal measures.

Summary Pros:
 - Flexible Career Model
 - Great Social Events
 - Ability to Work with Clients in Your Local Community
 - No Forced Alignment to Industry Verticals

ConsInternally, I think that Slalom Consulting could do a better job at communicating with its employees; maybe celebrating successes more. Additionally, PTO could be stronger; I lost some time coming from Accenture. I understand that the model is different and I no longer get on a plane every week, but still a bit more PTO would go a long way.

Summary Cons:
 - PTO is Average
 - 401k Match is Average
 - Training Budgets are Average

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that leadership should consider the following - there aren't that many complaints, but fixing these would go a long way:
 - Add a week of PTO to compensate for sick days / be more competititve in the market
 - Eliminate the complexity around the current training model; just pay for time and/or increase training budget
 - Maybe boost benefits a tiny bit

A growing company with great potential

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros: - Fantastic, experienced, smart people to work with (no junior consultants!) - Lots of opportunities to help grow the business - both internally and externally (sales) -… Cons: - Small market limits type of work and clients, which means sometimes you just have to do what you have to do! - No junior… Advice to Senior Management: - A more robust process around the biz dev pipeline that leverages people who want to help could result in a more stable… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Bait & Switch Model - Read "Staff Aug Firm, Recruiting as Consulting/Advisory"

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros: Most people are nice, and there's a general feeling of camaraderie. Company's big into social gatherings and celebrating. Known for its Technology… Cons: Incumbents be aware! The awards are all manipulated and do not reflect reality. The interview process is just for the sake of building a resource… Advice to Senior Management: Please stop the subjective based, frat-boy mentality management styles! Put some structure in place, carve-out an operating direction i.e. augmentation vs consulting and stick to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Slalom Consulting.

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Slalom Consulting – Why Work for Us?

What makes us unique? Slalom Consulting brings business and technology expertise together to help companies drive enterprise performance, accelerate innovation, enhance the customer experience, and increase employee… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Slalom Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Slalom Consulting CEO Brad Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by Slalom Consulting employees.