Slalom Consulting

www.slalom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

Excellent consulting firm alternative to the big four

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

The culture and the events set this company apart from the rest. The talent level at this company is very high and I hope it stays that way with all the growth.

Cons

Less PTO then other companies

Increase PTO and maintain high talent levels with hires but otherwise doing a great job.

432 Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting (View Most Recent)

Brilliant place to work! Best career decision I ever made

Current Employee - Client Service Lead in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Service Lead in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

Non-competitive culture, great leadership, and fun fun fun.

Cons

Move towards staffing more project work

promote more within

Enabling People to Utilize Their Full Potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

I spent a long time with Accenture before joining Slalom Consulting. Coming from a Big 4 firm, I wanted to get away from the things that had begun to wear on me over time: overwhelming bureaucracy and controls, little to no input on my own staffing, political maneuvering, and increasingly less interesting work. I was looking for a place where I could move at my own pace, have the opportunity to do the kind of work I wanted to do (as opposed to what the firm wanted me to do), return to a more merit-based rewards system, have more of a say in my client engagements, have the ability to impact part of the business, and be able to work in a truly consultative model.

Slalom Consulting has provided all of this and more. Leadership encourages people to find their strengths, take risks and go after opportunities that you would not be able to pursue in larger, more controlled firms. I think that Slalom Consulting is a best-fit for consulting professionals who have figured out what they really want out of a job AND what they want out of a personal life. I have found that it is possible to enjoy both in equal measures.

Summary Pros:
     - Flexible Career Model
     - Great Social Events
     - Ability to Work with Clients in Your Local Community
     - No Forced Alignment to Industry Verticals

Cons

Internally, I think that Slalom Consulting could do a better job at communicating with its employees; maybe celebrating successes more. Additionally, PTO could be stronger; I lost some time coming from Accenture. I understand that the model is different and I no longer get on a plane every week, but still a bit more PTO would go a long way.

Summary Cons:
     - PTO is Average
     - 401k Match is Average
     - Training Budgets are Average

I think that leadership should consider the following - there aren't that many complaints, but fixing these would go a long way:
     - Add a week of PTO to compensate for sick days / be more competititve in the market
     - Eliminate the complexity around the current training model; just pay for time and/or increase training budget
     - Maybe boost benefits a tiny bit

There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting