Slalom Consulting

www.slalom.com

Proud to be a Developer at Slalom

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI can only speak for the project based work at Slalom since I have not been staff aug.
- Very interesting work. The clients are top tier companies who put their trust in Slalom because of the intelligence that bubbles out of every consultant at Slalom.
- Learning from the best. There is so much to learn here. The employees at Slalom are on top of and mastering new technologies as they come out. Plus there is the thought that the best technology is the technology we are going to use on a project, not just what we're used to.
- Good pay
- Flat structure allows for input from everyone. Sometimes the new guys have the best ideas.
- For people who complain about a lack of career development... Managers are always receptive when it comes to a career or training talk. I see the lack of structure here as a benefit Slalom has. If you're a truely good technologist, you'll be recognized and you'll be rewarded.

Cons- Eh, PTO? But I think they're doing something about that.
- The soda, food, and beer in the office is great, but how about a single cup coffee maker?

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Please don't strive to make this more like the 'big guys'.. The intelligent people are here because we don't want to deal with the bureaucratic bull of said firms. Grow smart... And give us more PTO.

It's an okay place to work.

Management Consultant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Slalom Consulting

Pros: +Small company that provides opportunities for you to make a name for yourself and grow your skills in consulting. If you are entrepreneurial, then Slalom… Cons: -Lack of brand name recognition causes clients to not really know who Slalom is and what they do. It makes it more difficult to sell… Advice to Senior Management: -Instead of saying you listen to people and try to meet their needs, actually do this and dont force people into roles they don't want. -Revisit… More

If you're in the 'it' crowd, you're good

Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros: High quality co-workers, very smart team. Great benefits. Many assignments are within a… Cons: Hard to be recognized as valuable when you are new, even if… Advice to Senior Management: Look beyond certifications and consulting-specific experience. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Slalom Consulting.

Worked for Slalom Consulting? Contribute to the Community!