Slalom Consulting

www.slalom.com
  www.slalom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

Awesome people that really care about you and treat you well.

Current Employee - Management Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Management Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- great ppl
- great managers
- they work with you to help you grow your career and skill-set
- awesome, collegiate culture
- fun working environment
- no need to travel for clients

Cons

- underpaid. salary/vacation/bonuses/etc are all on the very low end.
- since you don't have to "travel" i.e. fly out to client sites, you are expected to be able to commute - if needed - about 1-1.5 hours each way to go to client sites

the no travel thing is nice for people who care about it. but ppl are willing to travel, and it makes sense for the project, why not send someone?

also, definitely look into increasing salary & benefits. i feel this turns away alot of ppl from applying/accepting offers, and turns off those who are already here.

403 Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting (View Most Recent)

Good so far, haven't had to communicate much other than email and initial interview

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting (less than an year)

Pros

Got laptop and was sent on my way to job.
    I never needed much of their direction so once I got to my job place, it was like I was now an employee of the client.

Cons

Since it's my frist contracting job I don't have anything but a FTE position to compare it to.
    The Client company is full of other contractors so I don;t feel left out or treated differently.

Some sort of onboarding training or something to help you start your new job, first week was mainly waiting to get access to everything.

Great People, and Culture, but...

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Slalom definitely invests in their employees and the culture reflects that. Majority of the employees are passionate about the company and enjoy being apart of the community. Work / life balance is great compared to life on the road working for one of the bigger firms.

Cons

Business consulting is still developing and changing and therefore there is not enough real business consulting / business strategy work to go around. Unfortunately the majority of business consultants are working as BAs or PMs and just augment the technical consulting engagements.

There's been plenty of initial planning for ways to change the business consulting practice so that it starts driving more of the business, but nothing really comes to fruition after the initial meeting. There are people in the company who would life to see these ideas build traction, but w/o direction we don't know where to even start.

There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting