Slalom Consulting

www.slalom.com
  www.slalom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

Great leadership, smart people, interesting projects

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Management Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Slalom leadership is a great example of how true leaders can find smart people, empower them, and get out of their way but support them when needed. Time and again they wow me. They know well to focus on their people first, hire great bunch and keep them happy - who would in turn take care of the clients.

Cons

Limited client base, unpredictabiility that comes with consulting field. Raises are very limited.

Keep the focus on people.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting (View Most Recent)

Boston Office is Growing Fast and the team is GREAT!

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management is great and although I'm new, they are very welcoming and collaborative. I have other friends from Accenture that have joined in other cities and they wish they had done it much sooner. I'm looking forward to getting involved to help grow this terrific company. Its been awhile since I've been so excited to go to work. Also, the project list of clients is fresh to what I have access to at my current firm. Big Companies only seem to work at massive diamond accounts and if you want to be local that's where you end up. At Slalom, the first project I was on was at a super cool client and I'm growing already from the experience. I also love that they have a sabbatical every 3 years!

Cons

Can't say too many cons. When I read other reviews from other cities, I tend to think those are the folks that would bounce around no matter where they go and will always find something to pock at. Bottom-line, not everyone is cut our to be in an entrepreneurial company and help build a company. I like that I get to take part of many things. Slalom does things locally and you don't travel so I plan to make sure I'm part of as much as possible to help it be great.

Keep up the great work! Local is a great thing and its fantastic to see Slalom Consulting finally got to Boston. I'm so happy to be off the road. I'm hearing from my friends at Accenture, this is fast becoming the place to be and the caliber of people you hire are top notch. Please keep this up!

Am I feeling lucky today?

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If there is one group of professionals that I want to work with, then it has to be Slalom. We are a national firm focusing on the top tier business and technology consulting services. I joined as one of the first in the Boston office. And it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my career!

Cons

Small group in Boston.But we are growing fast. Really fast!

Also the national team supplements when we need more hands on deck. And the quality of the skill set will blow you away!

I know .. I know.. this was supposed to be a 'cons'.

Definitely not a company where I have to leave anonymous advice for management. I can just walk up to the GM and talk with him how we can do better. And yes - he listens.

There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting