Slalom Consulting

www.slalom.com
  www.slalom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

Slalom is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are very well balanced. Work hard, pleay hard mentality.
Slalom puts their people first.
Great benefits.
Amazing resources and support.

Cons

More PTO would be nice, but you can't complain too much when all the other areas are so well taken cared of.

388 Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting (View Most Recent)

Great Experience So Far

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Slalom has been a great switch from Accenture, though I loved it there, too. I've really enjoyed working with world-class clients with my team. Everyone lives in New York (or its environs) and I find that I have much more community here than I ever did at ACN. The work is ever-changing, and the management in the New York office is particularly empowering. I get the sense that I can have many goals and be supported by the office.

During Hurricane Sandy, we got many emails to ensure everyone was safe and had offers for hotel rooms if we needed them. The community is becoming more diverse as we hire more people, and my colleagues really are excellent at what they do- I'm often impressed. I feel like I'm part of a group again- something I missed at a much larger firm.

It's important at Slalom to be willing to make your own way. There is very little hand-holding here. That said, if you need support, you're always just an email or face-to-face conversation away from upper management.

Cons

Lack of PTO is a big problem and keeps good people from wanting to work here.

I love the New York office! Thanks for making it a great place to work!

Strongest, most positive culture I have ever worked in.

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People: smart, experienced, driven, cooperative, fun. Management is very innovative and thinks about people and long term. The result is the strongest, most positive culture I have ever worked in.
    The recruiting process was eye-opening: it was much more of a series of open conversations with managers, peers focused on how we could make it work for both Slalom and me instead of a one way "tell us how you can work for us' approach.
    This two-way street has continued since I started working there as well: there are discussions around which clients and specific engagements make sense for Slalom, client and myself. Again: very refreshing compared to working for some of the big 4 where you would be told on a Friday which client you need to report to on Monday without asking for your opinion.

Cons

Both pro and con: there are many social events, which by itself is great, but even though attending them is not mandatory nor expected by management, your colleagues do attend them and form very strong bonds that way. You'd be missing out on that by not attending, but this is a significant time commitment.

Internal knowledge sharing can be improved upon.

There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting