There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

Great culture, still evolving

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Slalom Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture (read that as super friendly coworkers with many social events) with key leadership that really inspires.

If you enjoy consulting, but hate the Mon~Thurs travel, Slalom has a great local model that seems to work.

Cons

Client work: unless you have cutting-edge skill-sets, your work will most likely be of the staff-aug variety.

Career progression: slalom worked hard to develop a "career development framework", but it seemed to obfuscate career progressions more than streamline potential leaders to management. Definitely a who-you-know kind of environment where playing nice with the in-crowd gets you quick rewards.

Compensation: average comp with minimal bonuses

Find a better way to identify leaders other than having them jump through endless assessment hoops.

reviews filtered by

Slalom is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are very well balanced. Work hard, pleay hard mentality.
    Slalom puts their people first.
    Great benefits.
    Amazing resources and support.

Cons

More PTO would be nice, but you can't complain too much when all the other areas are so well taken cared of.

Strongest, most positive culture I have ever worked in.

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People: smart, experienced, driven, cooperative, fun. Management is very innovative and thinks about people and long term. The result is the strongest, most positive culture I have ever worked in.
    The recruiting process was eye-opening: it was much more of a series of open conversations with managers, peers focused on how we could make it work for both Slalom and me instead of a one way "tell us how you can work for us' approach.
    This two-way street has continued since I started working there as well: there are discussions around which clients and specific engagements make sense for Slalom, client and myself. Again: very refreshing compared to working for some of the big 4 where you would be told on a Friday which client you need to report to on Monday without asking for your opinion.

Cons

Both pro and con: there are many social events, which by itself is great, but even though attending them is not mandatory nor expected by management, your colleagues do attend them and form very strong bonds that way. You'd be missing out on that by not attending, but this is a significant time commitment.

Internal knowledge sharing can be improved upon.

There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting