Slalom Consulting

There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

Great culture, still evolving

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Slalom Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture (read that as super friendly coworkers with many social events) with key leadership that really inspires.

If you enjoy consulting, but hate the Mon~Thurs travel, Slalom has a great local model that seems to work.

Cons

Client work: unless you have cutting-edge skill-sets, your work will most likely be of the staff-aug variety.

Career progression: slalom worked hard to develop a "career development framework", but it seemed to obfuscate career progressions more than streamline potential leaders to management. Definitely a who-you-know kind of environment where playing nice with the in-crowd gets you quick rewards.

Compensation: average comp with minimal bonuses

Find a better way to identify leaders other than having them jump through endless assessment hoops.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting (View Most Recent)

Slalom is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are very well balanced. Work hard, pleay hard mentality.
    Slalom puts their people first.
    Great benefits.
    Amazing resources and support.

Cons

More PTO would be nice, but you can't complain too much when all the other areas are so well taken cared of.

Great Experience So Far

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Slalom has been a great switch from Accenture, though I loved it there, too. I've really enjoyed working with world-class clients with my team. Everyone lives in New York (or its environs) and I find that I have much more community here than I ever did at ACN. The work is ever-changing, and the management in the New York office is particularly empowering. I get the sense that I can have many goals and be supported by the office.

During Hurricane Sandy, we got many emails to ensure everyone was safe and had offers for hotel rooms if we needed them. The community is becoming more diverse as we hire more people, and my colleagues really are excellent at what they do- I'm often impressed. I feel like I'm part of a group again- something I missed at a much larger firm.

It's important at Slalom to be willing to make your own way. There is very little hand-holding here. That said, if you need support, you're always just an email or face-to-face conversation away from upper management.

Cons

Lack of PTO is a big problem and keeps good people from wanting to work here.

I love the New York office! Thanks for making it a great place to work!

There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting