There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting

A life change, not just a job change

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The overall engagement of the office is amazing. We really do live the core values, starting with "do what's right, always" and ending with "Smile". A very unique approach to people management and empowerment.

Cons

It's not for everyone, if you require massive amounts of structure and hand-holding, this may be harder for you. Not sure that's a con, just an observation.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, not sure how you do it, but keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting

Every day I come to work, I know I'm making an impact

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, very inclusive. Everyone is encouraged to get involved in areas they are most passionate about. In my two years with Slalom I've grown significantly, both personally and professionally.

Cons

As with any growing business, we're not perfect. However, I really appreciate the feedback driven approach our leaders take to implement change. I know I have voice here.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our people, clients, and communities. Empower everyone, from our newest hires to our leaders, to get involved. Recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. That's what makes this place special.

Weak & Insecure Leadership Team

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Slalom Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's like Grad School for Accenture rejects, who could not advance in Accenture's hierarchy. Think about that... do you want to join another Accenture? Consultants overall are not as skilled as advertised. Business Intelligence team is extremely weak, almost unable to staff. We are still unable to staff technical resources on my project, so most consultants are on an island by themselves - taking all the heat from the client. Little to no support from the weak management structure.

Cons

Weak & insecure leadership team. Leadership team blames anyone but themselves, so be careful of this type of environment. There is no clear view into pipeline and projects, nor project alignment to skill sets. Management team - I've never worked any place where they are this insecure and closed off. No vacation - any time off is taken from pay (doctor, sick time, family emergencies, etc.). Awful. Relatively low pay considering model. Beware of variable model of pay, as bench time will lead to half pay and/or termination. 4-7% bonuses on average. No pay raises. Do you want to earn $40-50 an hour, have little to no chance at advancement and continually clean up after other weak consultants? My advice - you deserve more than Slalom. Don't believe the hype.

Advice to Management

Need new management / leadership team. Denver office is weak compared to other geographic locations. Quit trying to be Accenture, align consultant skills with project needs. Be more humble. The air of conceit is very off-putting and undeserved.

Slalom Consulting Response

Jul 22, 2014 – President & Co-founder, North America

This is John Tobin - I wanted to let you know that I’ve read your comments and I am sharing your feedback with others in leadership roles. I’d like to be able to address some of your concerns and am ... More