Slalom Consulting

Extremely rewarding organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

The people are simply amazing -- intelligent, dedicated, supportive, collaborative, client focused, etc. Everyday seems to bring new professional challenges, personal development and exciting delivery. Slalom Consulting is the real deal, and poised for continued growth and success. I've had the pleasure of working at Slalom for several years now and have every intention to continue for several more.

Cons

Communications and updates from our national/corporate teams could improve. What's new? What's in the pipeline that impacts employees. How are we enhancing business operations to better the organization? We regularly hear about exciting client delivery and overall business health, but not enough about our business internally.

Continue doing right by our clients and employees. Continue driving innovation and delivery across markets, solutions and internally. Continue investing in people and technology.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Slalom Consulting (View Most Recent)

Slalom Lives Up to the Press

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

Work/Life balance is not just talk with the company. They follow through and make good on that commitment.
    Benefits are good quality and reasonably priced. YOY increase in prices are minimal compared to others I am aware of.
    Management/executives are approachable, open to feedback and empowering to consultants.

Cons

There is no Eastside office in the Seattle area so anytime that an office visit is required means crossing the water and finding parking.
    Really... that's it so far.

Keep doing what you are doing. In a time when many companies are contracting, Slalom is growing and passing the benefits of growth on to the consultants.
    Continue with the attitude of servant leadership - demonstrated at the fall getaway when management and executives took on the roles of waiters and chefs to serve the employees all weekend.
    Keep having fun. Don't let the complaints about frat house mentality make you dull.

Slalom provides a culture where hard work and contributions are recognized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Slalom Consulting

Pros

As Slalom grows, the leadership team has done a great job of adjusting the organization and strategies to ensure future growth. These strategies are well thought out - addressing both target clients, and core consulting talents needed to support targeted growth. In addition to recruiting top talent from outside the organization, Slalom has also focused on improving the skills of current consultants through the development of a Career Development Framework. CDF is optional, but allows consultants to grow professionally into leadership positions, or to grow their consulting skills so that they can increase their value to clients. For those opting to participate in the leadership aspect of CDF, promotions are attainable - with some occurring within mere months of participation.

Slalom also strives to recognize consultants who go above and beyond for their clients, as well as those who go above and beyond for the organization. Overall, Slalom fosters growth opportunities for their consultants; and as with many things in life, "you get out of it what you put into it."

Cons

Slalom's benefit packages and vacation policies are middle of the road as compared with other local consulting firms. Improvements to either one would really go a long way to attract and retain top talent.

Keep listening to the employees and striving to make Slalom a top consulting firm as recognized by clients and employees alike.

There are newer employer reviews for Slalom Consulting