Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Great for the person not wanting to move up in the company

Current Employee - Sleep Expert in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Sleep Expert in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

* good training
* great for person new to sales
* salary + commission
* reasonable hours
* full time easy workload

Cons

* very corporately managed little room for new ideas or customization in your store to target customers
* BORING... you just sit there most days
* slim chance of promotion within company
* have to work weekends of you will not hit goal

Hire the right person for the right job and hire from within based on true numbers and KPI's not who tells you what you want to hear.

the person who speaks her mind gets blackballed and the puppet with no experience gets to manage. this needs to change

180 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Do What I Say, Not what I DO! Very low morale, lack of communication and management skills!

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Irmo, SC
    Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Irmo, SC

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Select Comfort makes a great product, the company continues to make great strides and the benefits are about average.

Cons

I think the number # 1 problem working for Select comfort at the SC plant and as an hourly employee from the production point of view is the level of respect shown by management, and the treatment towards hourly employees. Management has the idea that they can do what ever they want without any repercussions. Management often abuse their time off, leaving the employees and the plant unattended while the production employees are required to work long hrs. and many weekends. Opportunities for career advancements within the company is only seen at the managment levels and on a buddy buddy system.

My advice to Bill McLaughlin is to make some major changes in the management at this plant. We need a leader who requires his managers to really lead and also to hold them accountable for their actions.

Select Comfort is the best retail job I have ever had!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Mishawaka, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Company cares about the people that work there and reward high performance with high pay.

Cons

Retail and weekend/evenings are required monthly and aggressive growth is expected.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort