Sleep Number by Select Comfort
www.sleepnumber.com Minneapolis, MN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Frustration!

Sleep Expert (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

ProsSelect Comfort provides a great product that is fairly priced. As an employee you feel great actually helping people.

For the most part its a really slow paced easy going job.

ConsLet me start off by saying I missed my goal once and have never been written up, so I'm hardly a bad employee.

Pay isn't that great. Top Tier stores pickup the slack for smaller stores and make it very hard to obtain top tier commission. I have sold around $850,000 in 12 months and have made less than $50,000 while people selling less have made more, because its easier to have a huge month with a lower goal.

The company is greedy and just doesn't get it. Less than 25% of Managers and DMs are promoted from within. I was hired as a Manager and had to transfer because of my wife. The store I took over had solid employees with over 3 years experience and were not hired as Manager. Sad.

A lot of Managers are lazy and you end up doing some Manager work like inventory and cycle counts while they sell and have a goal that is half of yours. So if you want to work here be prepared to make people other than yourself a good amount of money.

Beyond that mall hours suck, you kick a lot of teens out in the summer, you do the same stuff over and over again. The biggest reason to work just hard enough so you don't get caught up in the bull of micro management. You can be a superstar one day and pissed on the next, and never question managements decisions even if its in a professional manner, because your instantly black balled.

Advice to Senior ManagementI doubt they listen especially after the employee survey results they just released, which were pretty negative. Bill is a level headed good guy and Andy is the same. I have had 3 MSL in my time and they know less about the product and policies than a hourly employee. They try to sell when they do their visits and I actually had a customer tell my MSL that they should stick to paperwork, because they couldn't sell a thirsty man a free glass of water. Pretty funny.

If Bill reads this my advice is to promote from within, advertise our product, (no reason Tempurpedic shoud have bigger numbers) and give employees a bigger cut and make the pay scale fair.

A lot of companies care about their employees, trust their employees, and pay their employees a lot better than SC. This job is for beginners in the Sales field, if your here for a career you are an "order taker" look for a challenge and compensation somewhere else.

Okay job...but its a job not a career

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros: The product is really a great product to sell. It is nice to be able to help people who are having a difficult time… Cons: I will try to be brief. I have read the other reviewers and I can hear the frustration in their voices. I completely… Advice to Senior Management: It would be easy for me to sit here and blame everyone, but ultimately it comes down to the CEO. He is the one… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Morals are lacking.

Sleep Expert (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros: If you kill yourself, ie... eat, sleep and breathe Select Comfort the money is good. I… Cons: Crazy stressful, continued goal increase, 33% this month, so you are unable to reach the highest commission levels. Then if you achieve or exceed your… Advice to Senior Management: Bill McLaughlin I really like, I believe he is an honest real person. The ones… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!

Sleep Number by Select Comfort – Why Work for Us?

We are Sleep Number. And for over 25 years, we’ve been changing the way the world sleeps—one person, one experience at a time. Based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, we are the designers, manufacturers, marketers and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sleep Number by Select Comfort reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sleep Number by Select Comfort CEO Shelly Ibach. All reviews posted anonymously by Sleep Number by Select Comfort employees.