Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com

Fantastic Products but So-So Management

Sales Professional (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe products that Select Comfort offers (beds and accessories) are really fantastic and easy to sell, particularly once you own them yourself (the company offers a great employee discount to help you buy a bed and the accessories). The other sales professionals and store managers are generally easy to get along with.

ConsLike most retail jobs it's easy to burn out on the hours and days off - it's company policy that you aren't supposed to have back-to-back days off (although some store managers will allow their employees to do this) and you will rarely get an entire weekend off. During the "blackout" period over the holidays - mid-November through New Year's - no one can take a weekend off at all.

Keep in mind that is is a commissioned sales job as well. Although you do make an hourly wage, there's no way to survive on that alone, so you have to be aggressive about making your monthly sales goal. If you're new to sales it tends to be a feast or famine situation (great sales one month and bad sales the next), so be prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate management doesn't seem to have a clear idea of how they want to position themselves in the market and seem to be trying every idea in the book, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but does tend to get frustrating for the staff since there are constant policy changes. The local market manager is really ineffective and doesn't know what he's doing. I didn't look to him for help with anything at all.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros: Easy work, great environment, very relaxed atmosphere Cons: Holiday hours, a lot of nights Advice to Senior Management: Read emails Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I love the product and love the customers. Not only do I make a $, but I get to make a difference in peoples lives.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jackson, MS

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros: Small box store, team spirit, fun to work, meet people… Cons: Manager centric. Good Manager, good store. Bad Manager,… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to listen to your people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!