Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com
  www.sleepnumber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Absolutely Greedy and unfair to sales reps!!!

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Real sales pros .:. Save your time!!! This company is really sick... If you enjoy working amid insanity
Then you would fit in!!!

Cons

Horrible management, Liars, intimidation tactics, Horrible treatment of sales force, tremendous labor turnover due to this treatment, every negative thing you read in reviews about Select Comfort
is the TRUTH !!! And Truth is not a part of their doctrine!!!

They do not listen... So I will not waste my time... I am busy seeking employment with a real company.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Light hearted need not apply

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Great place to work once you are alone.

Cons

Other employees are out to get you fired or to quit. Management is just a glorified salesperson. The managers nit pick the sweet hours for most sales. The managers get a hefty bonus if the stores goal is met were as the sales people doing the work get spit.... good luck

Stop calling yourselves management. I've been a a anger and I never made my employees do half of the stuff you do. And district manager is an idiot, no past experience in sales makes the dm a great position. NOT. Go get a job as a poop scooper cause your region hates you.

Frustration!

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Select Comfort provides a great product that is fairly priced. As an employee you feel great actually helping people.

For the most part its a really slow paced easy going job.

Cons

Let me start off by saying I missed my goal once and have never been written up, so I'm hardly a bad employee.

Pay isn't that great. Top Tier stores pickup the slack for smaller stores and make it very hard to obtain top tier commission. I have sold around $850,000 in 12 months and have made less than $50,000 while people selling less have made more, because its easier to have a huge month with a lower goal.

The company is greedy and just doesn't get it. Less than 25% of Managers and DMs are promoted from within. I was hired as a Manager and had to transfer because of my wife. The store I took over had solid employees with over 3 years experience and were not hired as Manager. Sad.

A lot of Managers are lazy and you end up doing some Manager work like inventory and cycle counts while they sell and have a goal that is half of yours. So if you want to work here be prepared to make people other than yourself a good amount of money.

Beyond that mall hours suck, you kick a lot of teens out in the summer, you do the same stuff over and over again. The biggest reason to work just hard enough so you don't get caught up in the bull of micro management. You can be a superstar one day and pissed on the next, and never question managements decisions even if its in a professional manner, because your instantly black balled.

I doubt they listen especially after the employee survey results they just released, which were pretty negative. Bill is a level headed good guy and Andy is the same. I have had 3 MSL in my time and they know less about the product and policies than a hourly employee. They try to sell when they do their visits and I actually had a customer tell my MSL that they should stick to paperwork, because they couldn't sell a thirsty man a free glass of water. Pretty funny.

If Bill reads this my advice is to promote from within, advertise our product, (no reason Tempurpedic shoud have bigger numbers) and give employees a bigger cut and make the pay scale fair.

A lot of companies care about their employees, trust their employees, and pay their employees a lot better than SC. This job is for beginners in the Sales field, if your here for a career you are an "order taker" look for a challenge and compensation somewhere else.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort