There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

It pays well, if you can survive.

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

The benefits put it in the top tier of mall retail stores. The commissions are good, but long term success generally is slowed by adjustment of goals.

Cons

The choice of outside management causes major issues relating issues to upper management and store cohesiveness. The hours are shanty, and the stresses of goals generally outweigh the excitement of reaching them.

Promote within the company all the way to Regional Vice Presidents. Until they understand what employees at store level go through, the company will have issues getting away from it's collapse which almost occurred in 2008.

149 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Great Product, Great People

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Amazing product that really does help people, good compensation, my DM was amazing. Benefits and vacation (if you can ever use it).

Cons

Retail hours, often working 10+ days in a row during shows and events. Challenging budgets (45%+ YoY comp growth) with little or no outside marketing support. Growing pains on the operational side, Home Delivery call centers would often treat customers rudely and miss appointments, resulting in cancelation and commission loss.

It's ok, fairly good pay for work.

Current Employee - Sleep Expert
    Current Employee - Sleep Expert

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Compensation is better than most retail.

Cons

Skeleton crew, good because we make commission, bad because its hard to take your paid time off.

Let the sales staff sell creatively, our sales technique, "Selling by Numbers" is very canned, and feels fake when interacting with people.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!