Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com

Let the salesforce do their jobs and stop micromanaging!

Sales Professional (Former Employee)

ProsBeds are the best and easy to sell along with accessories. Working with customers is mutually rewarding if you are top notch in sales and intuitive. Good name recognition, more advertising as of late.

ConsWhere do I start? "Too many cooks spoil the broth" - well there are too many managers up the chain that just want to cover their butts and don't care about the salesforce that ACTUALLY MAKES MONEY FOR THE COMPANY. They change policies and procedures daily and take people away from MAKING SALES. You hire intelligent people, so why do you beat up on them constantly?

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the salesforce SELL. That is what they are there for, not to do silly, nonproductive busywork. Top management needs to address the middle management "covering their butts" by churning out nonesense on a daily basis to make it look like they are actually doing something. Stop moving the target for sales goals which is always way out of reach even for the best sales people, as we know that you know that if it is ridiculously high, we make less money. Month after month, that has caused people doing the SAME VOLUME to make 15-25% less in a year. Fair? I think not. Respect your people. They ARE the company.

Good but Frustrating

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros: Good work place and you do actually help people learn… Cons: Mgmt is overly driven, constantly changing demands and re-inventing the world… Advice to Senior Management: Settle down and focus on how things really happen in your… More

It pays well, if you can survive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros: The benefits put it in the top tier of mall retail stores. The… Cons: The choice of outside management causes major issues relating issues to upper management and store cohesiveness.… Advice to Senior Management: Promote within the company all the way to Regional Vice Presidents. Until they understand what employees at store… More
There are newer reviews on Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!