There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Great products, great vision, training and POS system needs help.

Current Employee - Sleep Associate in Redding, CA
Current Employee - Sleep Associate in Redding, CA

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I get to help people improve their lives (and sometimes save marriages) by improving the quailty of their sleep! The beds and bedding are of the highest quality. The innovations and technology are unmatched.

Cons

The sales and POS training needs to be much more comprehensive. The POS system is outdated and clunky, leaves room for data entry error. A more visual and user friendly system would be much appreciated! I also wish the products were a bit more competively priced... that is the BIGGEST complaint from our customers. The paper trail the company requires is far too much.

Offer AT LEAST 1 month's worth of better quality sales and POS training before a new employee is allowed to set foot on the sales floor. Provide iPads for sales reps to be able to give quotes while the customer is laying down on the bed (emotional connection) The POS system needs to be able to save and edit quotes. The Sales Portal is far too massive for a newbie like me to absorb all the info the company requires. I have some great ideas to be able to speed up the sales process, and I would love to talk to anyone in development about them. Otherwise, it's a good company to work for!

157 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Awful company for employees, great for customers!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The product is great. The people in the stores are great to work with. The money will is good for short term situations. Long term the increase in goals will kill you.

Cons

Awful management who could care less about the employee. The mentality is to burn and churn. They will wear you out by constantly micromanaging everything you do. From the time you enter the store you will be presented with checklists which include items like, "turn on the lights" (really, thanks) to open the doors for the customers. They will hound you to call the same 20-30 customers everyday until the customers are hanging up on you.

Great company and good career advancement

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Tampa, FL

Pros

40 hour work weeks, some weekends off, flexible schedule, hourly pay, commission, and bonus's. Great training, great tools, and friendly environment.

Cons

Work major holidays and some weekends.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort