Sleep Number by Select Comfort

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Working for Sleep Number`

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Sleep Number for over 5 years, and in that time I have seen leadership and sales staff come and go. I have enjoyed working for Sleep Number up until the last 2 years, I have seen the company go from being driven to help change lives, to focusing more on profits, overloading customers with additional items that they may have no need for.
Sleep Number's dream is to be the worlds most beloved brand, but if your not creating a culture that is loved and appreciated by its strongest advocates "the employees" you can never grow to a level such as Apple.

Cons

Long hours, little to no recognition, a pay scale that is ever changing and becoming more focused on company profits and greed, than sharing the wealth with the people that drive the front line "sales staff".

Stop focusing on selling everything in the store to the customer, over loading them with pillows and mattress pads. The final step was the platinum rule training, which basically teaches your employees to read customer personalities and mimic them in order to gain there trust so you can get into there wallets.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Great products, great vision, training and POS system needs help.

Current Employee - Sleep Associate in Redding, CA
    Current Employee - Sleep Associate in Redding, CA

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I get to help people improve their lives (and sometimes save marriages) by improving the quailty of their sleep! The beds and bedding are of the highest quality. The innovations and technology are unmatched.

Cons

The sales and POS training needs to be much more comprehensive. The POS system is outdated and clunky, leaves room for data entry error. A more visual and user friendly system would be much appreciated! I also wish the products were a bit more competively priced... that is the BIGGEST complaint from our customers. The paper trail the company requires is far too much.

Offer AT LEAST 1 month's worth of better quality sales and POS training before a new employee is allowed to set foot on the sales floor. Provide iPads for sales reps to be able to give quotes while the customer is laying down on the bed (emotional connection) The POS system needs to be able to save and edit quotes. The Sales Portal is far too massive for a newbie like me to absorb all the info the company requires. I have some great ideas to be able to speed up the sales process, and I would love to talk to anyone in development about them. Otherwise, it's a good company to work for!

Awful company for employees, great for customers!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The product is great. The people in the stores are great to work with. The money will is good for short term situations. Long term the increase in goals will kill you.

Cons

Awful management who could care less about the employee. The mentality is to burn and churn. They will wear you out by constantly micromanaging everything you do. From the time you enter the store you will be presented with checklists which include items like, "turn on the lights" (really, thanks) to open the doors for the customers. They will hound you to call the same 20-30 customers everyday until the customers are hanging up on you.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort