Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com
  www.sleepnumber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Great vision, great people, some growing pains

Current Employee - Marketing
Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent compensation. Work with really smart, kind people. True commitment to caring for the customer. We always strive to put the customer first. Vision-driven culture to improve people's lives: It's not about selling beds-- we help improve lives. Great to work for something bigger than just product. AMAZING product. Love, love, love my Sleep Number bed and bedding products! Top notch and will continue to own and recommend them long after I stop working for Sleep Number. Great job retention here too. Many people have worked here 10+ years.

Cons

Heavy "process" environment. Things don't happen as quickly or as creatively as you hope they would, so it's crucial to be organized, patient and a great project manager. Meeting-heavy corporate environment which is getting better thanks to a new meeting effectiveness rollout that is streamlining some meetings.

Listen to the voice of Directors and project managers more. Too often we're micromanaged to the point where something goes from great to mediocre.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Run like the wind

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Sleep Number offers a very good product. Customers who own the product are very satisfied with their purchase and do recommend it to their friends & families.

Cons

Micro managed cult mentality. District Managers egos out of control. The company as a whole cares little of it's employees and are very petty in they're "management" approach.

Stop wasting money. Cease & desist the ridiculous redundancy in paperwork. If you would care to stop the never ending revolving door of retail employees.....I can help you.....but I cannot help you if you're stupid!

Do NOT work there

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

It is most difficult to find twenty words for Pros on working for this company, whereas there are no Pros.

Cons

They have taken a very good product, and have turned their sales approach into a 3 pronged outdated and obnoxious system. One third carnival barker at the OZ.....one third boiler room telemarketing, harassing current owners of their product....the other third ....actually selling the bed....all the while brow beating customers into the highest margin add ons....

Hand in your resignations