Sleep Number by Select Comfort

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Do NOT work there

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is most difficult to find twenty words for Pros on working for this company, whereas there are no Pros.

Cons

They have taken a very good product, and have turned their sales approach into a 3 pronged outdated and obnoxious system. One third carnival barker at the OZ.....one third boiler room telemarketing, harassing current owners of their product....the other third ....actually selling the bed....all the while brow beating customers into the highest margin add ons....

Hand in your resignations

173 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! WORST COMPANY EVER!

Current Employee - Quilter Operator in Irmo, SC
    Current Employee - Quilter Operator in Irmo, SC

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Select Comfort has a great product.

Cons

Employees are taught play dirty against coworkers to get ahead by watching as it is continuously rewarded by leadership leading to the Lobster Syndrome of tearing one another down throughout the organization. The result of bad leadership is low morale, high turnover, and a decreased ability to have any sustainable success.

Bad leadership is felt throughout the entire organization of Select Comfort all the way from the east to the west coast. Corporate culture has become a meaningless term where leaders claim it exists while employees shake their heads in frustration. I guess the Leadership of the company doesn't care or reads these reviews, because we continue to head down the wrong path year after year. What will it take to turn this company around? The employees are clueless.

Great product, shifting culture focused on promoting women and 100% managing by spreadsheet.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic pay for retail made over $90,000 in good years 45-50 hours a week. Good product when you work for a good DM, you life work balance is great.

Cons

Constant change, upper management is so out of touch. The expectations are shifting forcing managers to be in store long hours without productive things to do. With the new CEO as of 2012 we have seen a consistent slide in work life balance, sales, and employee incomes. The CEO has not taken any personal responsibility for her actions and has fired multiple people for carrying out her directives and them not working. She let numerous seasoned managers to and replaced each with a female usually under qualified.

Cult like environment, "we don't sell beds we change lives, if people don't get that find people that do."

Shelly, find the right CEO and step back into a marketing and operations roll before we end up with a single digit stock price. If you make a mistake don't fire people, take responsibility and move on.

Finally, don't be so worried about promoting women, get the right people in the right roles.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort