Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com
  www.sleepnumber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Decent pay, but very poorly run

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Senior Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Good pay and benefits compared to other home delivery jobs. Great product, I was proud to represent something that helped me and I knew that it would help our customers as well get a better nights sleep.

Cons

Very poor upper management. There were many problems within the company that the management seemed to ignore, especially if it was a new policy or procedure that they implemented. The VP purchased a new routing software system that was less efficient than the previous system which made it impossible to meet delivery windows and therefore declining customer service. Instead of fixing the routing issues the upper management started basing bonuses and raises on performance and customer service scores. It wasn't the delivery drivers fault that they could not make a 8 am delivery time when the product did not arrive in the warehouse until 9-10 am.

Fix the real problems instead of blaming people below you. If you were willing to admit that you made some mistakes and a policy or procedure wasn't working no one below you would care as long as you tried something else to make everyones job easier.

170 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Dead end job but decent pay for the work you do.

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Great hours and easy work. Nice quality of life outside of work but job itself is not very rewarding.

Cons

Upper management always puts the blame on store level employees and the comapny has no marketing other than infomericals. All marketing is expected to be grassroots created by store level employees and paid for by store manager. The company is just rearranging chairs on a sinking ship and every one is pointing thier finger at someone else. Company has unreal budgets for manager to hit and commissions are low for sales people. There would be many times that our store would go an entire week without selling a bed.

Hire a marketing firm and start listening to store level employees about how business is really doing instead of blaming everyone but yourselves for the poor condition of the company.

An overall good company to check out.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

The pay is actually pretty good in comparison to some of the other stuff I've seen out there. As long as you can sell you'll do fine since your real money comes with the commission check, not the hourly one.

Cons

Corporate tends to set goals that have nothing to do with what is actuall happening in the local area. With a downturn in the economy they expect you to sell more, and on a sliding commission scale this can hurt your pay.

Don't assume that good sales people also make good managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort