Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Exciting opportunities with a growing company

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Plymouth, MN
Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people. Smart leaders. Awesome products that really live up to their benefits. Growing company with many opportunities to make a difference in your career and in the development of the company.

Cons

Very process-oriented corporate culture; too much at times. Should try to operate more like a start-up, and give more autonomy to employees.

Be more nimble; don't be afraid of mistakes; let your employees have more freedoms to take things and run with them; don't stress so much over everything aligning to a strategy. Sometimes, you have to do things because it's right, no necessarily because there's a strategy attached to it.

186 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

A great place to make a difference!

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

The environment is welcome to new ideas, expects your opinion and suggestions on how to improve our processes, and demands us to give our best for our customers.

Cons

I wish I would have joined the company earlier!

Keep informing us of what is coming and challenging us to be our best.

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

Oct 1, 2013Human Capital

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. Your feedback is certainly appreciated!

STAY AWAY!!!!! Poor upper management and constant sales theft from other employees

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There weren't any major pros to the position.

Cons

Company pins employees against each other to get sales by any means possible causing constant tension amung stores and sales people. There is no work life balance, you work 50-60 hours a week to be successful and some district managers will question you taking your day off. Belittling by your direct report boss who has no knowledge of the job in general. There is never any positive encouragement but constant attempts to break you down. Store manager is just a title, you can't hire, fire, suggest changes, or have any input into what your store does. One size fits all budgeting for every market.

Look deeper into who you hire as leadership. Yelling at employees and telling them they are dumb when clearly they are much more intelligent than the person yelling is no recipe for success. People are more successful when they are appreciated for beating sales from prior years and listen to store managers as they know the business climate in their market best.

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

Nov 5, 2013Human Capital

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to see that you did not feel there were any pros to working for Sleep Number, and would like to understand more about your comments. Please reach ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort