There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Good Money- Terrible Management and Horrible Hours

Current Employee - Sales Professional  in  Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Sales Professional in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you don't have an education or sales experience it is a great place to start- you have potential to make pretty good money- shooting for 35K this year. The sales process makes the job very easy- follow what they tell you to do and you will sell.

Cons

The company promises MOST employees that they will grow in the company and be promoted- that is a lie. I have watched managers and sales people leave the company because there is so little room for growth. I have been working for the company for 2 years and I have watched my manager bully every employee in the store I work in. From making people cry, not giving them time off that they need with their families, stealing sales from them, or sexually harassing them- my boss is TERRIBLE. No matter how much the store employees and myself call our district manager nothing has ever been done because our store sells and makes good numbers for the company. It is pathetic how much they will protect one manager, who brings nothing but drama to work, and allow really great sales people to quit or transfer to different stores in the market. This VERY corporate company does NOT care about their employees.

District managers need to pay attention to what store managers are doing. I have been at the store I work in for 2 years and my DM has been there 3 times. He only oversees around 12 stores- what does he do with his time!? My manager probably works between 25-35 hours a week and I wouldn't dare tell HR or my DM because I don't want to deal with my boss from hell making my days even worse. Take care of the people who sell your product. It's common sense.

Sleep Number by Select Comfort Response

Oct 1, 2013Human Capital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to see that you find our sales process to be effective and easy to follow. Your comments regarding your manager are very concerning ... More

151 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Sleep Number is one of the top 6 fastest growing retailers in the US.

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner  in  Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Partner in Plymouth, MN

Pros

Sleep Number offers an exciting environment if you are looking for a progressive growing company and values their employees.
    We are innovative, offer products that improve the individual sleep experience, and contribute to individuals overall wellness.
    It is exciting to be part of a company that so far has made an impact on over 8 million lives.
    We are the 6th fastest growing retailer in the US. Sleep Number employees are passionate about the product and our work; you can feel partnership throughout the company as we work together towards a common goal. Everyday we challenge ourselves to excel, deliver an amazing product and a superior customer experience. Sleep Number offers flexibility in work schedules; generous discounts on products and a business casual environment all at our beautiful new facility complete with an onsite cafe and gym. Sleep number employees are rewarded because they are recognized for their accomplishments and challenged as professionals.

Cons

I cannot think of one.

Sleep Number has a strong leadership team that is highly visable and approachable.

Ok job if you like following scripts and calling the same people over and over

Former Employee - Sleep Professional
    Former Employee - Sleep Professional

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The product really does help a lot of people. My immediate manager was awesome, great person.

Cons

Ridiculous scripted selling process, no room for creativity.

Stop micromanaging and making constant changes to the already burdensome selling process. Let salespeople sell. Just because I say "Sleep Number" twenty times does not make someone want the product more. You are out of touch and have no idea what it's like to talk to a real customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!