Sleep Number by Select Comfort

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Former Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great products, strong family-like store environment, good pay

Cons

Business leadership not the best in past few years, changes with upper level management not making the smartest decisions

You get what you pay for and those of us that stuck in there and brought the company back from desperate times a few years back should be respected and appreciated for our service, not let go because me are costing you a little bit more money each month. We were worth what were paid

169 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Sleep Professional

Former Employee - Sleep Professional
    Former Employee - Sleep Professional

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The good about Sleep Number is that the store only had a few employees and they were all quality teammates. For that reason, you gained exceptional friends as well. Also, Sleep Number has created a distinct and recognizable brand that has a loyal following from their customers. There were many times when people that owned and loved their beds would stop by and give an impromptu testimonial while I was talking with a potential customers.

Cons

The bad of of working as a sales professional at Sleep Number is that there were days when the store wouldn't have one customer come to store. If and when a customer came to buy there was a 1 in four chance that the customer would be yours. Sometimes the numbers fall in your favor and many times they didn't. With foot traffic being so slow at times, the line between sales professional and telemarketer become blurred. There were days when a minimum of 25 calls to a list of customers was expected. Lastly, to say that the systems that are used are outdated would be an understatement.

Update the systems.

Client driven company, Heavy push on sales force.

Former Employee - Sleep Professional in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Sleep Professional in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great product with great concept and innovative product. Customers are the main asset to this company. Sleep Number does really care about customers and their sleep/health.

Cons

Commission structure is tiered and set to where its tough to jump in to the next tier to actually get that desired paycheck. Years past the goals were more realistic but goal hikes have made it very tough to achieve 100%. Benefits are very minimal and lead generation can be tough when you are standing at the door in the mall.

Have marketing do a better job at getting new and old customers in the door rather than rely on cold calling old and cold leads all day

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort