There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Depends on where you work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

My store manager and team were great. Thats about it

Cons

All anyone cared about was making threats and treating you like a child or a worker that just didn't care.

Advice to Management

Remember, the people you employee are people. Not your toys you can threaten.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Decent pay, but very poorly run

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Good pay and benefits compared to other home delivery jobs. Great product, I was proud to represent something that helped me and I knew that it would help our customers as well get a better nights sleep.

Cons

Very poor upper management. There were many problems within the company that the management seemed to ignore, especially if it was a new policy or procedure that they implemented. The VP purchased a new routing software system that was less efficient than the previous system which made it impossible to meet delivery windows and therefore declining customer service. Instead of fixing the routing issues the upper management started basing bonuses and raises on performance and customer service scores. It wasn't the delivery drivers fault that they could not make a 8 am delivery time when the product did not arrive in the warehouse until 9-10 am.

Advice to Management

Fix the real problems instead of blaming people below you. If you were willing to admit that you made some mistakes and a policy or procedure wasn't working no one below you would care as long as you tried something else to make everyones job easier.

Dead end job but decent pay for the work you do.

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Great hours and easy work. Nice quality of life outside of work but job itself is not very rewarding.

Cons

Upper management always puts the blame on store level employees and the comapny has no marketing other than infomericals. All marketing is expected to be grassroots created by store level employees and paid for by store manager. The company is just rearranging chairs on a sinking ship and every one is pointing thier finger at someone else. Company has unreal budgets for manager to hit and commissions are low for sales people. There would be many times that our store would go an entire week without selling a bed.

Advice to Management

Hire a marketing firm and start listening to store level employees about how business is really doing instead of blaming everyone but yourselves for the poor condition of the company.