Sleep Number by Select Comfort

www.sleepnumber.com
  www.sleepnumber.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Selling by Numbers is a joke
Horrible Management

Former Employee - Sleep Expert in Brea, CA
Former Employee - Sleep Expert in Brea, CA

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Good pay for little work
Hourly pay + Commission + Bonus(monthly is store hits goal)
Work less than 40 hours a week

Cons

The selling process is ridiculous "SBN", has to be done exactly as scripted
Beds are way over priced, almost feel bad when you sell one
Store managers receive very little training and abuse authority
No upward communication at all

Have district managers spend more time in stores and have more training for store managers.
I would only see the district manager about once every 2 or 3 months. This absence gives the store manager way too much freedom do to whatever they please. Move store managers around every once in a while so they don't think the store is their home.

167 Other Employee Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort (View Most Recent)

Depends on where you work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

My store manager and team were great. Thats about it

Cons

All anyone cared about was making threats and treating you like a child or a worker that just didn't care.

Remember, the people you employee are people. Not your toys you can threaten.

Decent pay, but very poorly run

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Good pay and benefits compared to other home delivery jobs. Great product, I was proud to represent something that helped me and I knew that it would help our customers as well get a better nights sleep.

Cons

Very poor upper management. There were many problems within the company that the management seemed to ignore, especially if it was a new policy or procedure that they implemented. The VP purchased a new routing software system that was less efficient than the previous system which made it impossible to meet delivery windows and therefore declining customer service. Instead of fixing the routing issues the upper management started basing bonuses and raises on performance and customer service scores. It wasn't the delivery drivers fault that they could not make a 8 am delivery time when the product did not arrive in the warehouse until 9-10 am.

Fix the real problems instead of blaming people below you. If you were willing to admit that you made some mistakes and a policy or procedure wasn't working no one below you would care as long as you tried something else to make everyones job easier.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort