Decent pay for monotonous work.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Low pressure sells. Product sells itself. There is opportunity to make a decent amount of money. It's a good stepping stone into sales.

Cons

Incredibly monotonous atmosphere. Not a lot of room for upward mobility. Three person store so no real time to take off without putting a strain on the other sales people.

Allow four person stores to reduce strains on personal time. I would like to see Higher commission structures. More promotions from within.

Other Reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Best job in retail

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

Easy selling model to follow. I like the emphasis on low pressure selling. Upper management takes the time to connect with associates and go into the stores to see what is going on at the store level.

Cons

Commission is good could be better considering how much we sell. Some associates are aggressive vs. team players. Store managers could be more qualified.

The company is overall a great company to work for, I think middle management could listen to the associates more when they have concerns. I also think the hourly could be a little bit more, or the commission could be a little higher.

For retail, this is a good job choice.

I have been working at Sleep Number by Select Comfort

Pros

The sales procedure is low pressure. You guide the customer through the bed selection rather than hard sell. The beds are great, but accessories pretty high priced.

Cons

I had no training from my store manager. Trained online, which was only available at the store, and watching other employee. I later found out this employee was not following the company sales procedure and had been written up several times in the year he worked there. Store managers usually support their employees if a customer dispute comes up. Senior management and HR support the customer.

Make online training available from home.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Number by Select Comfort.

Worked for Sleep Number by Select Comfort? Contribute to the Community!