There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Train Mattress Centers

Used to be a great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sleep Train Mattress Centers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent money if you're upgrading from McDonalds

Cons

Work/life balance is in the toilet. Make sure you tell all your friends and family you won't be seeking them ever again once you start working here.

Add more staff to the already packed stores. This will ensure all the employees fight each other for every customer that comes through the door. Also, as a bonus, since nobody will be able to afford to eat, this will keep them weak and spiritless. Lacking the will to live will keep the employees from any rebellion.

reviews filtered by

This type of job is not for everyone

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sleep Train Mattress Centers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paid training, decent pay, great staff, contests and prizes used as incentives, employee-owned company.

Cons

Long hours (10 hour days on average), working alone can be grueling, business traffic varies depending on store location, more stores are opening which means the piece of the commission pie is being sliced thinner and thinner, sales goals must be met frequently in order to avoid losing your job.

Please advocate better work/life balance.

Don't waste your time, stay away.

Former Employee - Store Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Sleep Train Mattress Centers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people working in the stores. Good healthcare. Can be fun if working in the right environment with good people.

Cons

Loooong hours 10 to 11 hour days 50% of the time by yourself. I'm not sure how this is legal, cannot close for a 30 minute lunch even when working 11 hours with no other person. The stores are open all but 3 days out of the year. Poor middle management. On days with meetings your are on the clock for 12-14 hours. After 10 years managing different locations I had enough, the day I turned my key in was one of the best day in my life...I got my life back.

Show your store level employees more respect stop the constant threatening of their jobs. No matter how low a volume a store is it should never be one person working 10-11 hour days. The only people that brings in revenue for the company are The SALES STAFF so treat them better.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleep Train Mattress Centers