Sleep Train Mattress Centers

www.sleeptrain.com

started as family oriented, now its corporate ran.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Yuba City, CA

Proslots of down time, decent salary, pay was decent. great employee deals on merchandise. Great job for a single person with no social life or family to go home too.

Consrules constantly changing, no longer forcused on quality of employee, just numbers. there seems to be a disconect from middle management to the salesforce as to realistic expectaions of goals in the middle of a recession.

Advice to Senior Managementif it hasnt been addressed already the B.O.T needs to be looked into better. you are loosing quality dependable loyal employees over sales numbers they cant control. you cant sell to customers that dont walk in the door. i know you think otherwise but its the reality of it. I love Dale but i dont think he realizes whats going on anymore in middle management. They lost a great employee when they let me go after 12 years over 2 k in profit goal not hit on there BOT program (sales probation from lack of hitting their imaginary sales goals). Also give the old timers a chance in promotions. They know there stuff which is why they are still around.

Emotionally Draining. Weird Philosophy, Blatant favoritism

I have been working at Sleep Train Mattress Centers

Pros: Good Benefits, Discounts on Mattresses. Customers can be nice, lots of down… Cons: Long hours. Blackout weekends and months you can never take time off. Too many meetings that are totally useless. Can't call in sick unless you… Advice to Senior Management: We don't need you like you may think. You do nothing but complain and never have anything nice… More

Used to be a great place to work

Sales Associate (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sleep Train Mattress Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent money if you're upgrading from McDonalds Cons: Work/life balance is in the toilet. Make sure you tell all your friends… Advice to Senior Management: Add more staff to the already packed stores. This will ensure all the employees fight each other for every customer that comes through the door.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sleep Train Mattress Centers.

Worked for Sleep Train Mattress Centers? Contribute to the Community!