There are newer employer reviews for Sleepy's

Great overall work environment and position!

Current Employee - Transportation Clerk in Robbinsville, NJ
Current Employee - Transportation Clerk in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at Sleepy's

Pros

I feel like I finally found a position that can offer me a home. There are defined career paths within the company and a lot of opportunity to grow. I find that I relate well to my manager. I enjoy the team of people I work with very much. My day flies because it is a very fast-paced environment which I love! I am definitely not a clock watcher but I have been in many roles in the past where the day drags and I do not look forward to coming back in the next day.

Cons

This is the first job I have had that requires one weekend day worked. This took some time for me to get used to because I have not worked weekends in the past. You do however get a day off during the week which is nice. Some holidays required as well. Even though I do not work in a retail location we need to have coverage to support showrooms so you need to be flexible with your schedule.

I really don't have any advice. I would just say to keep encouraging open communication with all employees especially new hires. This is really important to me and was one of the reasons I had such a positive feeling when I came on board.

143 Other Employee Reviews for Sleepy's (View Most Recent)

negative to draw

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Sleepy's

Pros

you can get a lot of sleep

Cons

no customers
    commission vs draw

its pretty simple, they throw you in a store, no customers and expect you to make $125 dollars a day in commission, if you don't you are negative to draw then they get rid of you, wash rinse repeat.

Eleven hour days with the potential to hit a homerun sale or babysit the store & owe $100 to Sleepy's CEO.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Sterling, VA

I worked at Sleepy's

Pros

The choice of high end to medium beds is better than most other bed stores. The potential to make a good living is there if you have the people skills. The mangers do work with you if you only want to work three, four or five days a week.

Cons

The potential to make a good living is there, but many days are split with incompitent sales people. If you sell nothing in a day, then you will owe $125 for coming to work. You are constantly working in a different store every two days. Most of the sales people do not do anything else accept sell so the store gets dirty fast for the responsible, good people to clean.
    MEETINGS MEETINGS MEETINGS!!! Training at 7AM on a Thursday or 8AM on Sunday far from your store that you will work that day.

Quit hiring managers from other industries that have no idea how to run a retail mattress store. Start enforcing the NO Drug policy and you will be surprised who the problem people are. Reduce the store hours by one or two hours so the sales people can have a life!! Close at 6PM on Sunday & 8PM week days.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleepy's