There are newer employer reviews for Sleepy's

Meh, Not really great

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Springfield, MA
Former Employee - Stock Associate in Springfield, MA

I worked at Sleepy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Discounts on product is about the only pro really.

Cons

As a stock associate, I was a delivery boy. I also was assigned to shop competitors stores constantly. This in itself would have been fine if I had a company car. I worked my butt off with little recognition. AND I was laid off due to the 'economy', which I knew was a load of BS. Also, if you were a salesperson, you had great chance of being fired for not selling enough, and if you're injured on the job like both me and a coworker was, you're treated as unimportant, and blamed for staging and FAKING the injury. I was laid off due to the economy? Right. I was laid off because they were too cheap to pay workman's comp, and they know it.

Respect your employees a little more, actually a LOT more. They are the ones MAKING you all the money. However, not everyone is a rockstar everyday when making sales. Some customers are just hit or miss sometimes. And pay compensation when your employees get hurt. Don't make up some lame excuse to let them go. And if a good employee decided to come back after quitting months ago, re-hire them. Your 'we don't rehire past employees' policy is crap, and unfair.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Sleepy's (View Most Recent)

I enjoy my job and I am making a decent living

Current Employee - Mattress Professional in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - Mattress Professional in Worcester, MA

I have been working at Sleepy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can make decent money and there is a lot of support. They have a great system that works as long as you follow the process. They have a big variety of brands and products. It is a very easy job but you have to sell you can't be an order taker.

Cons

long hours 11+ hours a day, district managers have favorites who they will schedule in the busiest stores. The commission is draw vs commission so it's a little stressful at first until you get the hang of it.

You should do the schedule by looking at numbers produced.

Sales @ Sleepy's

Former Employee - Matress Professional in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Matress Professional in New York, NY

I worked at Sleepy's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can be good money IF your store is busy and you are not splitting with another person and you don't have to drive too far. Easy work.

Cons

Long hours, mediocre working conditions. Management is haphazard so they set unrealistic goals. Too many stores in certain areas.

There are newer employer reviews for Sleepy's