Awesome Company!!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Hicksville, NY
Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Hicksville, NY

I have been working at Sleepy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great company to work for! Excellent company culture! Very professional and respectful!

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

Other Employee Reviews for Sleepy's

Used to be the best, but no longer what it used to be

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Westbury, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Westbury, NY

I worked at Sleepy's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Drive and support from management and corporate can be very self motivating. Sleepys takes good care of their customers even though some might not admit it. The training is very unique and special. I am definitely a better person professionally since I worked in sleepys. Highest quality merchandise in the industry. They used to send little gifts during special holidays. I don't know of any company that I previously worked for that did that. Most Coworkers are very friendly and supportive. They will help you if you are not familiar with anything. If you are a very good person professionally with people, products and prices, you can make an OK decent living regardless of the internal politics.

Cons

It does not matter how much you sell and perform, It is who you know. So if you want to get to the best stores you better paddy up to all the current Regional and district managers because once there is a shuffle or a new replacement comes in, you might be out of making an income. Growth Opportunity is very stagnant and limited.Do not believe anything they tell you once you first come in because most of them are lies and even while you are there, the lies continue. The Haggling is murderous. On your first year it seems very extraordinary but after like the 5th year, it was like digging my grave. If you do not give the best deal, your coworker down the street can possibly will do it just because sleepys cares only about their bottom line. Too many stores too close to each other and the dead ones kicking a lot of dust. This created a lot of fierce competition between neighboring sales representatives. Your pay is a like a roller coaster so do not expect a steady stream of income because of reduced commissions or poor store locations with basically very limited number of customers.

Advice to Management

Stop the politics and favoritism. Give everyone a fair chance to prove themselves and earn a living. I have seen so many great workers leave over the past couple of years for this reason alone. Go back to the way things where couple of years ago when growth was amazing because everyone really cared about each other and the company. Expand to other states rather than saturate the market. Company could be bigger if resources from dead stores are used to invest in better locations giving professionals the opportunity to help sleepys make more revenue.

Roller coaster Ride

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

I worked at Sleepy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and family atmosphere. Great corporate facility, including an on-site gym. Great corporate top management.

Cons

Salaries for sales and corporate employees could be more competitive. Sales management needs more professional training.

Advice to Management

Pick your niche and go with it. Sleepy's spends way too much time trying to figuring out its identity and how it can overtake the entire industry. With mindset, they tend to lose their roots on what made the organization so successful in the first place. Instead of building stronger relationships within their current communities, it appears that they are only interested in becoming a "national" brand and expanding into newer markets.