SlimGenics

www.slimgenics.com
  www.slimgenics.com
There are newer employer reviews for SlimGenics

Not a bad temporary job, not a career.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Specialist in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Weight Loss Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you enjoy talking with people and don't mind talking about nutrition and weight loss for the majority of the day and also have a passion for helping people, you would enjoy this position.

Cons

The pay isn't great, especially during the slow season (i.e. the holiday's when no one cares about being on a diet or investing in a weight loss program). The hours are very long and Saturday's are a required work day.

In center manager's are great! There is very little communication between upper management (external) and in-center weight loss counselors.

22 Other Employee Reviews for SlimGenics (View Most Recent)

Love it!

Current Employee - Program Advisor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Program Advisor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extensive training in the center and in the classroom. You get to learn a lot about how to help clients stay on track, nutritional supplements and medical conditions. Even though I have a nutrition background, I still learned a lot. Great team environment, everyone cares about their clients and each others success. Changing peoples lives.

Cons

There is a lot of information to learn at the beginning. Stick with it though because it starts to come together in the first few weeks.

Continue to provide us with follow up training, we learn a lot. Build more centers in Ohio, we have 8 centers and Colorado has 18!

Fun and Meaningful Place to Work

Former Employee - Program Advisor in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Program Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at SlimGenics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was a client who lost over 50 pounds previous to working at Slimgenics. The program and weight loss enhancers work, all of the employees were upbeat, helpful and always gave me great advice when I came in for my counseling visits. This is what inspired me to work at Slimgenics. I felt the same upbeat environment when I became an employee. My center manager was made me feel at home right away, she helped me get acclimated very quickly. My area manager was equally as helpful, he had an open door policy if I needed to talk or had client questions, which doesn't really happen at most companies. I'm glad I had the opportunity to be an employee who could give back and help our clients just like the employees helped me when I was a client.

Cons

I didn't get my first center choice right away, though I was able transfer within the first few months.

There are newer employer reviews for SlimGenics