There are newer employer reviews for SlimGenics

Not a bad temporary job, not a career.

Current Employee - Weight Loss Specialist in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Weight Loss Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at SlimGenics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy talking with people and don't mind talking about nutrition and weight loss for the majority of the day and also have a passion for helping people, you would enjoy this position.

Cons

The pay isn't great, especially during the slow season (i.e. the holiday's when no one cares about being on a diet or investing in a weight loss program). The hours are very long and Saturday's are a required work day.

Advice to Management

In center manager's are great! There is very little communication between upper management (external) and in-center weight loss counselors.

reviews filtered by
  1. Manager Trainee

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at SlimGenics

Pros

The company is ethical. We promise our clients to lose. An avg of 2 or mor lBs per week and many are doing more Than that. Awesome training program so you will be prepared.

Cons

The jitters of your very first client but after a full day of working you'll feel like an expert by day two.

Advice to Management

Managers are very nice including corporate. They definitely practice the open door policy. My advice don't wait so long with telling program advisors what center they'll be working at. I'm sure there's a method to this, however families need to plan asap. Other than that no complaints you'll be lucky to get hired.

2. The position is very rewarding, but the company ony cares about the numbers and sales.

I have been working at SlimGenics

Pros

Free health and dental, 401k company match
    help others, change lives

Cons

No advancement opportunities, bad hours, different schedule every week, low base pay, never get a raise, only 2 weeks vacation/sick days

Advice to Management

Give raises and increase PTO for long term staff

There are newer employer reviews for SlimGenics