glad for the opprotunity

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoy working with professional coworkers who are willing to pitch in to help whenever possible. Management is passionate and appreciates you taking initiative. It has been fascinating learning about meetings industry, and magazine is well respected as both a stylish and informative source of information.

Cons

Beautiful location, but sometimes difficult commute, limited (but free!) parking and street out front floods. There are high expectations, which can be a great motivation but can also lead to big workloads and long nights finishing up a project. A 401k would be nice.

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are creative and team oriented. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fast-pased, start-up feel

Former Employee - Web Department in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Web Department in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of great opportunities to travel, and working at the company events are among the most fun days of work I've ever had. There were several times where, having an idea for something new, I could present it to the CEO/CFO and would be told to run with it. Being able to work a project from inception to completion is a really great opportunity, and is just one of the examples of how the company has a start-up feel.

Cons

The location is a pretty cool benefit, but also a bit isolating. Sausalito is gorgeous, and the downtown district is only about a 4 minute drive away. Walking distance, there's 3-4 restaurants in the area for lunch, and a great waterfront park to eat at if brown-bagging, but I was sometimes jealous of the downtown SF crowd. (It is entirely possible that this has changed recently. That neighborhood is ripe for redevelopment / some funky art galleries and whatnot.) The inevitable flip-side of the start-up setting is that there's a lot to do, and if working on a new pet project, the old ones don't just go away.

Advice to Management

Noticed recently that the staff has grown pretty significantly in the last three years. This probably cut some of the workload, which may be good (I tend to like the busier pace and wouldn't know which set of tasks I'd have wanted to pass off to someone else). Not sure that's advice, but it's what comes to mind. That and the Monday morning meetings could have been shorter. Or maybe every other Monday.

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We value your creativity and your new ideas. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

Fast-paced and Rewarding

I have been working at Smart Meetings

Pros

Smart Meetings took me in, showed me the ropes and gave me a career. For that, I am eternally grateful. I really enjoy working with professionals who are willing to put in the extra effort required to produce a quality product and will never hesitate to give you a hand, should you need one. Management is always at the forefront of the industry and will teach you something new every day.

Cons

The absence of sick days can be frustrating, especially when flu season rolls around.

Nov 22, 2013 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to continually growing and improving our work environment for all of our employees. We invest in our employees with personal development for continued ... More