There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings

Work hard to play hard

Current Employee - Web Director  in  Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Web Director in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many companies will say that they are results driven, but they aren’t, instead these other companies hire and promote people based on their pedigree and educational backgrounds without taking the time to review the value a person is capable of adding to a position. Smart Meetings isn’t like this.

Smart Meetings is about results and the owners don’t hold back from being upfront that they want to know how much you can improve their numbers. It doesn’t matter if you graduated from an Ivy League University, what matters is if you can make your department a success or not.

They are also very upfront about their benefits package, if I wanted pizza I wouldn’t go to a Chinese restaurant and then complain, so I’m unsure why anyone could have an issue with this as you know well beforehand what you will or won’t receive.

Cons

You can expect an extremely heavy workload in the first couple months, partly as a method for testing your abilities, but mostly as it will require a lot of your time to get up to speed on all the moving parts of the organization.

NA

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Smart Meetings (View Most Recent)

Smart Meetings is a rewarding work enviroment

Current Employee - Director of Meetings and Events  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Meetings and Events in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently moved from Nashville, TN to Sausalito, CA to join the Smart Meetings Team as the Director, Meetings & Events. Smart Meetings is a unique and successful media and events company. We are encouraged to run our daily activities as entrepreneurs making decisions based on best business practices. My last few months have been rewarding and our events team successful. Leadership is dedicated to providing professional development and resources to encourage and increase skill sets. The name of our game is results with dedication to customer service and individual success. The entire staff was recently invited to a corporate suite at the AT&T Stadium to enjoy a Giants Game on Saturday, April 20. I am looking forward to joining my colleagues for some fun down time!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons of working at Smart Meetings. I made the transition from Nashville to Sausalito and miss a great many of my friends, but that was to be expected. I love living in Northern California

Awesome!!

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time for less than a year

Pros

I felt warmly welcomed here from day one. The staff is very friendly and I've felt that my work is much appreciated. The office is located in a beautiful place and staff members routinely travel to some of the most incredible places in North America. In short, it's been a fantastic place to work.

Cons

As with other publications, deadlines and workload sometimes can be challenging, but my managers have displayed a great deal of understanding and flexibility regarding these matters.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings

Worked for Smart Meetings? Contribute to the Community!