Work hard to play hard

Current Employee - Web Director in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Web Director in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many companies will say that they are results driven, but they aren’t, instead these other companies hire and promote people based on their pedigree and educational backgrounds without taking the time to review the value a person is capable of adding to a position. Smart Meetings isn’t like this.

Smart Meetings is about results and the owners don’t hold back from being upfront that they want to know how much you can improve their numbers. It doesn’t matter if you graduated from an Ivy League University, what matters is if you can make your department a success or not.

They are also very upfront about their benefits package, if I wanted pizza I wouldn’t go to a Chinese restaurant and then complain, so I’m unsure why anyone could have an issue with this as you know well beforehand what you will or won’t receive.

Cons

You can expect an extremely heavy workload in the first couple months, partly as a method for testing your abilities, but mostly as it will require a lot of your time to get up to speed on all the moving parts of the organization.

Advice to Management

NA

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

reviews filtered by

Awesome!!

Current Employee - Current Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt warmly welcomed here from day one. The staff is very friendly and I've felt that my work is much appreciated. The office is located in a beautiful place and staff members routinely travel to some of the most incredible places in North America. In short, it's been a fantastic place to work.

Cons

As with other publications, deadlines and workload sometimes can be challenging, but my managers have displayed a great deal of understanding and flexibility regarding these matters.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

Something new every day, an exciting challenge.

Current Employee - Sales Management
    Current Employee - Sales Management

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart Meetings is very fast paced, entrepreneurial, and has the best products/services in the industry. Great views of the bay and marina. Gourmet coffee and teas available to employees at no cost to them. A rewarding environment where results and team effort are valued. Stellar customer service, quality products, growing revenue, and top notch content drives the company and its employees.

Cons

If you're not used to a fast paced environment, this could be a con for you. Smart Meetings is not a "job", it's where your dedication and hard work will be put to the test as the (at times) heavy work load can be a challenge. If you've worked at start ups before this is not unusual...in fact, it's why many people thrive and prefer this type of environment.