Smart Meetings

www.smartmeetings.com

Something new every day, an exciting challenge.

Current Employee - Sales Management
Current Employee - Sales Management

Pros

Smart Meetings is very fast paced, entrepreneurial, and has the best products/services in the industry. Great views of the bay and marina. Gourmet coffee and teas available to employees at no cost to them. A rewarding environment where results and team effort are valued. Stellar customer service, quality products, growing revenue, and top notch content drives the company and its employees.

Cons

If you're not used to a fast paced environment, this could be a con for you. Smart Meetings is not a "job", it's where your dedication and hard work will be put to the test as the (at times) heavy work load can be a challenge. If you've worked at start ups before this is not unusual...in fact, it's why many people thrive and prefer this type of environment.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

Other reviews for Smart Meetings

Fast-pased, start-up feel

Former Employee - Web Department  in  Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Web Department in Sausalito, CA

Pros

There are a lot of great opportunities to travel, and working at the company events are among the most fun days of work I've ever had. There were several times where, having an idea for something new, I could present it to the CEO/CFO and would be told to run with it. Being able to work a project from inception to completion is a really great opportunity, and is just one of the examples of how the company has a start-up feel.

Cons

The location is a pretty cool benefit, but also a bit isolating. Sausalito is gorgeous, and the downtown district is only about a 4 minute drive away. Walking distance, there's 3-4 restaurants in the area for lunch, and a great waterfront park to eat at if brown-bagging, but I was sometimes jealous of the downtown SF crowd. (It is entirely possible that this has changed recently. That neighborhood is ripe for redevelopment / some funky art galleries and whatnot.)

The inevitable flip-side of the start-up setting is that there's a lot to do, and if working on a new pet project, the old ones don't just go away.

Noticed recently that the staff has grown pretty significantly in the last three years. This probably cut some of the workload, which may be good (I tend to like the busier pace and wouldn't know which set of tasks I'd have wanted to pass off to someone else).

Not sure that's advice, but it's what comes to mind. That and the Monday morning meetings could have been shorter. Or maybe every other Monday.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We value your creativity and your new ideas. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

Fast-paced and Rewarding

Pros

Smart Meetings took me in, showed me the ropes and gave me a career. For that, I am eternally grateful. I really enjoy working with professionals who are willing to put in the extra effort required to produce a quality product and will never hesitate to give you a hand, should you need one. Management is always at the forefront of the industry and will teach you something new every day.

Cons

The absence of sick days can be frustrating, especially when flu season rolls around.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to continually growing and improving our work environment for all of our employees. We invest in our employees with personal development for continued ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings.

Worked for Smart Meetings? Contribute to the Community!