Smart Meetings

There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings

Fast-pased, start-up feel

Former Employee - Web Department in Sausalito, CA
Former Employee - Web Department in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of great opportunities to travel, and working at the company events are among the most fun days of work I've ever had. There were several times where, having an idea for something new, I could present it to the CEO/CFO and would be told to run with it. Being able to work a project from inception to completion is a really great opportunity, and is just one of the examples of how the company has a start-up feel.

Cons

The location is a pretty cool benefit, but also a bit isolating. Sausalito is gorgeous, and the downtown district is only about a 4 minute drive away. Walking distance, there's 3-4 restaurants in the area for lunch, and a great waterfront park to eat at if brown-bagging, but I was sometimes jealous of the downtown SF crowd. (It is entirely possible that this has changed recently. That neighborhood is ripe for redevelopment / some funky art galleries and whatnot.)

The inevitable flip-side of the start-up setting is that there's a lot to do, and if working on a new pet project, the old ones don't just go away.

Noticed recently that the staff has grown pretty significantly in the last three years. This probably cut some of the workload, which may be good (I tend to like the busier pace and wouldn't know which set of tasks I'd have wanted to pass off to someone else).

Not sure that's advice, but it's what comes to mind. That and the Monday morning meetings could have been shorter. Or maybe every other Monday.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We value your creativity and your new ideas. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Smart Meetings (View Most Recent)

Fast-paced and Rewarding

I have been working at Smart Meetings

Pros

Smart Meetings took me in, showed me the ropes and gave me a career. For that, I am eternally grateful. I really enjoy working with professionals who are willing to put in the extra effort required to produce a quality product and will never hesitate to give you a hand, should you need one. Management is always at the forefront of the industry and will teach you something new every day.

Cons

The absence of sick days can be frustrating, especially when flu season rolls around.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to continually growing and improving our work environment for all of our employees. We invest in our employees with personal development for continued ... More

Yikes.

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros

A paycheck, if you weren't already getting one.

Cons

Honestly? Forget the actual reviews – to really know what it's like to work here, just scroll down to the small print and read the CEO's rebuttals. That's the tone you will find permeating the workplace, every day.

Mondays were a particular treat: an opportunity for the CEO to denounce whichever employee most recently left the company as "disloyal," and to compare people still around who messed up to "terrorists." More than once, the admonishment, "It only takes one terrorist, and then we all have to remove our shoes."

Sorry. I wish I were joking.

Kudos for finally adding PTO; your truly loyal employees deserve at least that.

Nov 22, 2013CEO

This was written by a personal assistant who we bought a 300$ necklace for on vacation and treated to many nice things- really bizarre. Hasn't worked since and only worked for us for 3 months.

There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings