Smart Meetings
www.smartmeetings.com Sausalito, CA 16 to 50 Employees

Fast-pased, start-up feel

Web Department (Former Employee)
Sausalito, CA

ProsThere are a lot of great opportunities to travel, and working at the company events are among the most fun days of work I've ever had. There were several times where, having an idea for something new, I could present it to the CEO/CFO and would be told to run with it. Being able to work a project from inception to completion is a really great opportunity, and is just one of the examples of how the company has a start-up feel.

ConsThe location is a pretty cool benefit, but also a bit isolating. Sausalito is gorgeous, and the downtown district is only about a 4 minute drive away. Walking distance, there's 3-4 restaurants in the area for lunch, and a great waterfront park to eat at if brown-bagging, but I was sometimes jealous of the downtown SF crowd. (It is entirely possible that this has changed recently. That neighborhood is ripe for redevelopment / some funky art galleries and whatnot.)

The inevitable flip-side of the start-up setting is that there's a lot to do, and if working on a new pet project, the old ones don't just go away.

Advice to Senior ManagementNoticed recently that the staff has grown pretty significantly in the last three years. This probably cut some of the workload, which may be good (I tend to like the busier pace and wouldn't know which set of tasks I'd have wanted to pass off to someone else).

Not sure that's advice, but it's what comes to mind. That and the Monday morning meetings could have been shorter. Or maybe every other Monday.

Flag Review
Smart Meetings Human Resources responded to this review Nov 22, 2013 EditDelete
Thank you for your feedback. We value your creativity and your new ideas. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

Fast-paced and Rewarding

I have been working at Smart Meetings

Pros: Smart Meetings took me in, showed me the ropes and gave me a career. For that, I am eternally grateful. I really enjoy working with… Cons: The absence of sick days can be frustrating, especially when… More

Yikes.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros: A paycheck, if you weren't already getting one. Cons: Honestly? Forget the actual reviews – to really know what it's like to work here, just scroll down to the small print and read the… Advice to Senior Management: Kudos for finally adding PTO; your truly loyal employees deserve… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Smart Meetings.

Worked for Smart Meetings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Smart Meetings reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Smart Meetings CEO Marin Bright. All reviews posted anonymously by Smart Meetings employees.