Smart Meetings

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings

Yikes.

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros

A paycheck, if you weren't already getting one.

Cons

Honestly? Forget the actual reviews – to really know what it's like to work here, just scroll down to the small print and read the CEO's rebuttals. That's the tone you will find permeating the workplace, every day.

Mondays were a particular treat: an opportunity for the CEO to denounce whichever employee most recently left the company as "disloyal," and to compare people still around who messed up to "terrorists." More than once, the admonishment, "It only takes one terrorist, and then we all have to remove our shoes."

Sorry. I wish I were joking.

Kudos for finally adding PTO; your truly loyal employees deserve at least that.

Nov 22, 2013CEO

This was written by a personal assistant who we bought a 300$ necklace for on vacation and treated to many nice things- really bizarre. Hasn't worked since and only worked for us for 3 months.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Smart Meetings (View Most Recent)

Smart Meetings - A reason to look elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1. An hour out of the office for lunch
    2. An renewed sense of appreciation of all my previous work environments and managers and really appreciate the new gig

Cons

Many reviews here describe more of the "unpleasant" details. Some are embellished a bit for drama but, sad to say, true.

Management seems to be stuck in the 1950's concerning managerial style and expectations of the usefulness and loyalty of their employees.

Management team of two (when I was there) were openly hostile to employees and constant use of threatening language and most issue escalated to "the sky is falling" histrionics in most staff meetings and one on one staff interactions that I witnessed.

Ugliest professional experience in so many ways, it's almost like.."you wouldn't believe me if I told I ya..."

Despite the rebuttals and positive comments here, it's unfortunate that the negative reviews here read more as factual and come from real experience, so I recommend working on your rebuttals and any of the positive reviews (so lacking in substance..really, I'm shocked!) you might post.

No sure what you guys can do to improve. My guess is that you probably think you're already doing everything right.

I would suggest you treat your employees as collaborators and not order takers or worse..slaves that are made to work long hours on a whim as opposed to a legitimate business reason.

Lastly, apologize for your behavior to all your past and current employees. You guys really need to work on your interpersonal skills.

Nov 22, 2013CEO

We took our staff to rod Stewart and prince concerts, we get a box for giants games every year. We have the best Xmas party going all out for our staff- we have offered flex time , summer hours, we ... More

Looking forward to a great 2013!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an employee with Smart Meetings for 6 years and I love the challenges that I encounter in my position as well as the atmosphere, culture and the staff. I have grown into a better employee in my position with successful and wonderful issues under my belt. Looking forward to a great 2013!

Cons

You will work long hours during deadlines but will be rewarded!

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to continually growing and improving our work environment for all of our employees. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings