There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings

Extremely Challenged and Happy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I actually like going to work everyday. I do a job I love. One of the best pros is definitely the people. It is a great staff, which makes a big difference. At times, the hours get long and I do face challenges but that is what keeps it interesting. There is a cycle of busy times and the times you aren't as busy, in the end it evens out. If you have an idea to improve the company or to save money, management listens to the idea. There is a team oriented frame of mind for the employees. The CEO cares about the company and supports those who make positive contributions.

Cons

Traffic, horrible traffic at times and possibly long commutes, but in the end if you like what you do the cons are tolerable.

None.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. If you have anything you would like to share, please email our HR department at humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

reviews filtered by

AWFUL

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Smart Meetings as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

There are no Pros that I can think of to list!

Cons

Unfortunately the OWNERS are the problem.

It's very disappointing to see the OWNER of the company treat her employees like they are the scums of the earth. Threating your employee's isn't a form of motovation. It's a shame that you see employee's crying in the bathroom. Not a company I would like to work for!

Nov 22, 2013CEO

The dishonesty here is absurd. We have many long term employees who would dispute this. It's sad there are no constructive examples. Again- we hired some folks who really don't want to work and ... More

Creative and innovative atmosphere

I have been working at Smart Meetings full-time

Pros

The meetings industry is an exciting field to cover and offers endless possibilities for stories and photos. Every issue of our magazine is packed with news, insightful profiles on industry leaders and reviews of great meetings destinations. We all feel very proud of our collective efforts both in print and online. The opportunity to travel is another great reward for working hard. I especially enjoy working in Sausalito, with sailboats literally in our backyard.

Cons

Everyone should have a view of the marina! Seriously, the only thing I would change would be adding a retirement savings plan to company benefits.

Nov 22, 2013Human Resources