There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings

Abysmal

Former Employee - National Sales Director  in  Sausalito, CA
Former Employee - National Sales Director in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Zero. Truly, zero. Sorry.

Cons

Chaos. Immature management. CFO - your California accounting license is still delinquent!

Sell the company.

Jul 22, 2014CEO

Our national sales manager had been here for 7 years and is very happy- so starting with dishonesty says a lot about you. Our last sales manager was abysmal and we parted ways because he was unable ... More

44 Other Employee Reviews for Smart Meetings (View Most Recent)

Happy to Come to Work Everyday

Former Employee - Events  in  Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Events in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Smart Meetings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rewarding Job, you not only get to use your sales skills but see your hard work pay off by attending the event. Great staff to work with and I enjoyed coming to work every day. I have worked in San Francisco for 22 years and I have never enyoyed a job more. The work is reward and safisfaction. This company rewards peoples efforts and values your opinion.

Cons

The past employees who are bitter about losing the job of a lifetime and want to take it out on the company. The only Con I can see is in the past couple years we grew too fast and collected some dead weigh on the staff. The company has made an effort to correct that mistake and is building a new team. I am sorry not to be part of that team. I would like to say walking out the door at 5pm is fine if you have finished your work and are at least meeting your goals. Many people that I worked with did not make their goals and the team suffered for it.

Hire Slow, Fire Fast. Get rid of the employees who are negative and lazy. It is annoying to the people who work hard to do their job and meet their goals to be strapped with people who don't care.

Jul 22, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment and your constructive feedback. If you would like to add anything further, please reach out to humanresources@smartmeetings.com.

Complete chaos

I worked at Smart Meetings

Pros

The people are really nice! And the office is decorated with bright cheerful colors. They do cover the majority of your travel cost.

Cons

Everything! I was told I was being hired for an event management position. The position is actually a telemarketing position with some event responsibilities.

They go through people faster then I've ever seen but ask you for loyalty?! Not sure how that works! The only stable department seems to be the magazine side and they only seem semi happy! You rarely here good job or thanks. It's more why weren't you always doing it!

Just beware expectations are unrealistic. And over all turn over is very high! The average person is only there for 6months to a year.

Health Benefits are slim, no sick time, only you are covered for health insurance at 75%

Work hours are stated 8:30a-5p but if you leave before 5:30 you are looked at like a slackers. You get 30 mins for lunch but you'll hardly be able to take it. But if you take it at your desk you better be working or again you'll be marked as a slacker.

Overall my time here was a learning experience of what I don't want from an employer.

And if you look at other reviews they say a similar thing so it can't just be one off employees!

Be honest with the people you interview event planners are not telemarketers they are trained event marketing professionals.

Apr 14, 2014CEO

We recently had an event sales manager who worked for us for 3 weeks. During that time she called in sick 2x was late 5 days and took long lunches and had a week of the 3 off with prearranged ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Smart Meetings

Worked for Smart Meetings? Contribute to the Community!