Smart Software Solutions

www.smartsoftwareinc.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Smart Software Solutions

Good experience, but a whole lot of negativity.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vermillion, SD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vermillion, SD

I worked at Smart Software Solutions

Pros

Ability to directly contact any part of management from any position. This allows a great deal of questions to be answered directly.

Cons

Project leaders have a tendency to contradict themselves, do not have a clear direction, and provide zero feedback. Leads although talented are demeaning.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to your leads and to the rest of your company, as your company is the sum of its parts, and thus its employees. Leads have a tendency to contradict themselves and always pass blame to those below them. Thus frustrates many under their control, and their demeaning practices produces work that follows suit.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work

I have been working at Smart Software Solutions

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Easy going atmosphere. Great place to get experience with many different types of projects.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. I have enjoyed my time here and feel as though this is a great place to learn.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management, they do a great job.

2. Software Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Vermillion, SD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Vermillion, SD

I worked at Smart Software Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a consulting company so you really don't have to work hard, be that smart, or up to date on current technologies. Leaves you open to doing your own things on your own time. Flexible working hours. A good 'stepping-stone' job.

Cons

Low maximum salary that is not negotiable. No real opportunities for advancement, and performance is not recognized or rewarded (ie. no bonuses, extra PTO, etc.). Management are all 'buddies' so complaints and grievances aren't taken seriously.

Advice to Management

Institute a better performance review system that the management is also subject to. Don't only promote your friends or employees who give you money. Respect your employees more, they are the ones financing your life playing poker...