SmartBear Software

www.smartbear.com
  www.smartbear.com
There are newer employer reviews for SmartBear Software

Collaborative, fun, engaging environment filled with the brightest individuals on the planet... simply the BEST!

Current Employee - Finance & Administration in Beverly, MA
Current Employee - Finance & Administration in Beverly, MA

I have been working at SmartBear Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The energy. The values. People here love to be here and it is apparent in the work and how we relate to one another. Passionate group of SmartBear geeks!

Cons

Not so much a con as it is a fact -- fast past environment, so you need to be able to multi-task and be both operational and strategic simultaneously.

Keep being transparent. Lead and we will follow (and sometimes lead as well) SmartBears are here for you -- we are committed.

46 Other Employee Reviews for SmartBear Software (View Most Recent)

Fantastic for young professionals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beverly, MA

I have been working at SmartBear Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My managers were invested in my success and I felt that my work had a direct impact on the success of the company. I was praised often for my work, but knew that I had to work hard to impress management and my peers' high-standards.

Management is transparent and there's really a team-oriented atmosphere in which I really thrived. There's a great balance of fun, team-building activities (sunset cruise and golf tournament, anyone?) and intense work sessions that last into the late evening sometimes.

The company itself is growing at an amazing rate. It's fast-paced because the goals are clear and everyone's working toward them.

Cons

Long hours. Very fast-paced (which could be a pro or a con depending on your point of view). Always changing - roles and expectations can change at the drop of a hat. It's part of the growing pains, but it can be frustrating if you're not prepared.

Continue to be visible to the entry-level and new employees. Your acknowledgement and support really makes a difference.

Great company. Definitely the best employment I've had to date!

Current Employee - Employed In A Technical Role in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Employed In A Technical Role in Beverly, MA

I have been working at SmartBear Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Believe me, I’m a pretty grumpy guy with my fair share of negative reviews on Glassdoor. Well, here I am happy to post a glowing one.

Since joining SmartBear I have been able to enjoy the following:
    - A great team environment where everyone assists and makes a team effort to get tasks done
    - A manager that knows exactly what it takes to do my job, has my back, and offers help wherever possible
    - Very open management in general. Even top managers know who you are and what’s going on in every department
    - Everyone is focused on improvement whether it’s: improved processes, training, better hardware, etc

On top of actual work the perks are fun including:
    - Go Kart racing
    - Scavenger hunt
    - Tons of catered meals and some dinners in awesome restaurants
    - Free ice cream
    - Red Sox outing, Golf, and Boat Cruise are still coming up

Don’t get me wrong, there’s tons of work to do to make the celebrations possible. But the work you do is definitely been recognized

Cons

Right now only one con I can think of: Beverly location isn't that convenient for me

Keep up the great job and please keep sharing the strategy and path of the company

There are newer employer reviews for SmartBear Software